- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Voice RE3 Wireless Handheld Set with ND86 Dynamic Supercardioid Vocal Microphone Head 488-524MHz
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L56686
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Electro-Voice’s entry into the world of UHF wireless represents an excellent value for wireless customers who are seeking an inexpensive solution to ...Click To Read More About This Product
Handheld wireless microphone with neodymium capsule and super-cardioid polar pattern.
Electro-Voice’s entry into the world of UHF wireless represents an excellent value for wireless customers who are seeking an inexpensive solution to their wireless presentations. Available in a wide variety of configurations, this is the RE3 Wireless Handheld Set with ND86, equipped with the RE3-RX dual antenna receiver and the RE3 Wireless Handheld Set with ND86 Microphone Head.
The ReceiverThe RE3-RX is a half-rack diversity receiver with dual antennas and a universal power supply. It comes complete with a rack-mounting kit, and both balanced XLR and unbalanced ¼” TRS outputs. It pairs perfectly with the included body pack or with the RE3-HHT Hand-Held transmitter, and features frequency scanning and syncing. The way the dual antenna system works minimizes the possibility of dropouts, as both antennas are constantly looking for a signal, and if one drops out, the other is already there to pick up the audio.
The Handheld Microphone TransmitterOne of the most popular versions of the RE3 system is the set that comes equipped with the Res-HHT Handheld Transmitter. It contains all of the transmission functions of the bodypack, including automatically syncing of the transmitter and receiver frequencies, and that capacity to lock in other operations data. A magnetic sliding latch mechanism keeps the battery door closed, and makes opening it easy to access the batteries. It operates on two AA batteries. (alkaline or rechargeable are preferred). This version features the Electro-Voice ND86 microphone capsule.
The Electro-Voice ND86-RC3 is a robust, high-performance, dynamic cardioid thread-on vocal microphone head for wireless handheld transmitters. Designed for excellent acoustic control in even the largest of venues, the precisely tuned capsule delivers present, smooth, and detailed sound, as well as superior isolation from sound on the stage. The microphone head's dynamic capsule contains a large Mylar diaphragm, which delivers a rich and detailed frequency response by combining its large surface area for tonal balance with its low-mass high-velocity material for exceptionally fast transient response. The microphone head features an innovative capsule shock-mount system consisting of a 4-point suspension around the circumference of the capsule combined with a tuned pneumatic pump at the capsule base, offering superior handling noise reduction to eliminate mechanical vibrations and noise in the mix.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Thread-on microphone
- Excellent all-around vocal performance
- Crisp, clear and balanced
- Large-diaphragm dynamic capsule for detailed frequency response
- Shock-mounted capsule minimizes handling noise
- Memraflex grille resists denting
- Robust metal body
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Sync function for easy frequency setup
- Selectable low and high output power (band specific)
- Up to 36 MHz tuning bandwidth (band specific)
- Diversity reception minimizes dropouts
- 3 MHz tuning bandwidth for trouble-free operation
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Frequency scanning for selecting open frequencies
- Sync function links transmitter to receiver for easy setup
Crisp, clear and highly articulate, the ND86 capsule is a favorite among vocalists of a broad variety of singing styles. Excellent feedback rejection.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Dynamic range: 300'
- Line of sight: 100'
- Bandwidth: Up to 36 MHz
- Housing: Metal
- Rackmountable: Yes
- Width: 8.27"
- Height: 1.73"
- Depth: 6.1"
- Weight: 2.71 lb.
- Type: Handheld
- Capsule: Dynamic neodymium
- Polar pattern: Super Cardioid
- Battery type: AA x 2
- Battery runtime: 10 hours
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.