- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Voice RE3 Wireless Handheld Set with RE520 Condenser Supercardioid Vocal Microphone Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L56689 000001000 L56689000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Electro-Voice’s entry into the world of UHF wireless represents an excellent value for wireless customers who are seeking an inexpensive solution to ...Click To Read More About This Product
Handheld wireless system with RE520 capsule.
Electro-Voice’s entry into the world of UHF wireless represents an excellent value for wireless customers who are seeking an inexpensive solution to their wireless presentations. Available in a wide variety of configurations, this is equipped with the RE3-RX dual antenna receiver and the RE520-RC3 microphone element.
The RE3-RX is a half-rack diversity receiver with dual antennas and a universal power supply. It comes complete with a rack-mounting kit, and both balanced XLR and unbalanced ¼” TRS outputs. It pairs perfectly with the included body pack or with the RE3-HHT Hand-Held transmitter, and features frequency scanning and syncing. The way the dual antenna system works minimizes the possibility of dropouts, as both antennas are constantly looking for a signal, and if one drops out, the other is already there to pick up the audio.
The RE3 serves three bandwidths within the North American market. The specific frequencies were chosen in order to minimize some of the complexities involved in modern RF. There are two 36 MHz-wide bands in the low and high 500 MHz spectrum, along with one that operates within the 600 MHz duplex gap that the FCC has dedicated for wireless microphone use.
The Handheld Microphone TransmitterOne of the most popular versions of the RE3 system is the set that comes equipped with the Res-HHT Handheld Transmitter. It contains all of the transmission functions of the bodypack, including automatically syncing of the transmitter and receiver frequencies, and that capacity to lock in other operations data. A magnetic sliding latch mechanism keeps the battery door closed, and makes opening it easy to access the batteries. It operates on two AA batteries. (alkaline or rechargeable are preferred). This version features the Electro-Voice RE520-RC3 microphone capsule.
The RE520-RC3 is a premium-grade, high-performance, condenser super-cardioid thread-on vocal microphone head for wireless handheld transmitters. Designed to reveal the exceptional detail and vivid clarity synonymous with condenser elements, it elegantly delivers the lyrical finesse required for expressive vocal performances, while controlling off-axis sound from near-by sources.
The sonic signature is detailed, full and vivid, with a warm and clear low end, natural and presentmidrange, and an open, crisp and detailed high end. The super-cardioid pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation. Maximum feedback rejection occurs when a stage monitor position is at either 225° or 125° off-axis to the element. This pattern also allows for a cleaner mix due to its rejection of off-axis sound. The multi-stage pop filter consists of two layers of dense foam separated by air, which attenuates wind velocity caused by breath and windblasts. The high-pass filter has two positions (see drawing). The flat position delivers the full frequency band pass of the capsule. The high-pass position attenuates frequencies below 150 Hz. The internal shock mount isolates the microphone element from vibration and guards against handling noise.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- Premium condenser element
- Highly-detailed, rich, and full bodied sound
- Super-cardioid polar pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation
- Multi-stage pop filter minimizes breath blasts and plosives
- Selectable high-pass filter reduces undesirable low frequency content
- Memraflex grille resists denting
- Robust metal body
- Sync function for easy frequency setup
- Selectable low and high output power (band specific)
- Up to 36 MHz tuning bandwidth (band specific)
- Diversity reception minimizes dropouts
- 3 MHz tuning bandwidth for trouble-free operation
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Frequency scanning for selecting open frequencies
- Sync function links transmitter to receiver for easy setup
Ideal for a wide variety of performers. Order today.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Dynamic range: 300'
- Line of sight: 100'
- Bandwidth: Up to 36 MHz
- Housing: Metal
- Rackmountable: Yes
- Width: 8.27"
- Height: 1.73"
- Depth: 6.1"
- Weight: 2.71 lb.
- Type: Handheld
- Capsule: Condenser
- Frequency response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 139 dB
- Polar pattern: Super-cardioid
- Battery type: AA x 2
- Battery runtime: 10 hours
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.