- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Voice RE420 Premium Condenser Cardioid Vocal Microphones
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L51842 000000000 L51842000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The RE420 (cardioid) microphone delivers best-in-class performance at a best-in-class price point, benchmarked across critical technical categories i...Click To Read More About This Product
Cardioid vocal microphone designed for vocal applications.
The RE420 (cardioid) microphone delivers best-in-class performance at a best-in-class price point, benchmarked across critical technical categories including dynamic range, maximum SPL, self-noise and transient response – all with the pure, accurate audio quality for which the RE series is renowned.
The RE420’s cardioid pattern combines effective acoustic control with a comfortable working range, allowing freedom of vocal expression. It provides warm low-frequency response, open mids and clear highs.
The RE420 is a premium-grade, high-performance, condenser cardioid vocal microphone. Designed to reveal the exceptional detail and vivid clarity synonymous with condenser elements, it skillfully delivers the lyrical finesse required for expressive vocal performances.
The sonic signature is rich, detailed and full-bodied, with a warm and clear low end, natural and present midrange, and an open, crisp and detailed high end. The cardioid pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation. Maximum feedback rejection occurs when a stage monitor is positioned 180° off-axis to the element. This pattern also allows for a comfortable working range around the microphone making expressive microphone techniques easy.
The multi-stage pop filter consists of two layers of dense foam separated by air, which attenuates wind velocity caused by breath and windblasts.
The high-pass filter has two positions (see drawing). The flat position delivers the full frequency band pass of the capsule. The high-pass position attenuates frequencies below 150 Hz.
The internal shock mount isolates the microphone element from vibration and guards against handling noise.
- Premium condenser element delivers a highly- detailed, rich, and full bodied sound
- Cardioid polar pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation with a comfortable working range
- Multi-stage pop filter minimizes breath blasts and plosives
- Selectable high-pass filter reduces undesirable low frequency content when engaged
- Vibration-absorbing internal shock mount minimizes handling noise
The RE series is legendary in many environments. This one is tailored to vocal. Order today.
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 149 dB
- Connector: XLR
- Capsule: Condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Handheld
- Switches: High pass
- Phantom power required: Yes
- Case: Yes
- Clip: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.