- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Empirical Labs EL500 IU Rack for API 500-Series Compatible Modules
- Write a Review
- H72812 000000000 H72812000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The EL500 is a horizontal rack for 500-series modules that complies with API's VPR Alliance specification-so it will work with nearly all 500-series ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Horizontal rack for 500-series modules with front-panel DI and stereo-link switch.
The EL500 is a horizontal rack for 500-series modules that complies with API's VPR Alliance specification-so it will work with nearly all 500-series modules. Like all Empirical Labs products, it goes the extra mile, giving you not only a 2-space power rack, but also a built-in front-panel DI for high-impedance inputs, such as guitar and bass. The DI has an auto-sensing impedance circuit to prevent loading you pickups.
The EL500's unique design also allows 500-series modules to mount flush with the its front panel, which brings the look of your 500-series modules uptown by eliminating unsightly edges-makes your 500 gear look like a finished rackmount unit.
The EL500 also features ultra quiet ±16V power supplies-perhaps the quietest around, plus a 48V phantom power supply. It has a front-panel Link switch that lets you stereo-link two dynamics devices, such as compressor/limiter/gates, or two DerrEssers. On the back panel, there are balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs for each slot, balanced XLR outputs, and active unbalanced 1/4" TS outputs for a total of eight back-panel inputs and outputs. For global use, the EL500 has a voltage-select switch inside the unit.
- Super quiet +/- 16-volt supplies”perhaps the quietest available
- More than 280mA available on both supplies
- 48V phantom power supply; 35mA of current
- Built-in, front-panel INST IN for high-impedance inputs”a DI box built right in!
- "INST IN" THD is less than 0.0006%
- Auto-Sense on INST IN jack
- XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs: a total of 9 input and output connectors.
- Front-panel link switch for stereo-linking dynamic devices such as compressors/limiters/gates
- Power Consumption: 14W (max.); 9W typical with modules installed
Add convenient functionality, super low-noise performance, and impressive good looks when you power your 500-series modules with the EL500. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.