- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Eventide SP2016 Reverb
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L51574 000000000 L51574000000000
6-Month* financing available.
The SP2016 was the first programmable effects box available on the market. It introduced the concept of the ‘plug-in’ to the pro audio world back in ...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
The SP2016 was the first programmable effects box available on the market. It introduced the concept of the ‘plug-in’ to the pro audio world back in 1982, with actual hardware chips that would be plugged in under the hood. Revered for its signature reverbs, the SP2016 was notably used by Dave Pensado, George Massenburg, Alan Sides, Roy Hendrickson, Jack Douglas, and Mick Guzauski. The lush reverb can be heard on countless hit records by Talking Heads, Adele, Mariah Carey, Eminem, and more. Now, 36 years later, this signature sound is available for your DAW.
Six Distinct Reverbs
The SP2016 reverbs have attracted a loyal user base by using a particular blend of art and science - the end result is an effect that sounds natural and distinctive. The plug-in includes authentic emulations of Room, Stereo Room, and Hi-Density Plate algorithms, each available in two versions: Vintage and Modern. The Vintage algorithms are true to the original box, all the way down to the bit-depth. The Modern algorithms are brighter, more diffuse, and use a higher bit-depth.
The algorithms naturally emulate every aspect of the sound of a real physical environment – from the complex early reflections, to the natural way in which the echo density increases with time, to the smooth Gaussian decay of the reverb tail. It’s a powerful simulation that lends itself to parametric control.
- No-nonsense, no-frills ambient “room.”
- Mono effect with stereo outputs
- Extreme Pre-Delay range makes it possible to use for reverberant doubling and single echoes
- Recreates the ambience of a large concert hall, with very clear, natural reverberation
- Plate-type reverb with dual pickups simulating the effect of a bigger, heavier plate
- Makes vocals, guitars and percussive instruments appear much bigger and brighter than they are
- Also includes a variety of presets including some by Dave Pensado, Richard Devine, Joe Chiccarelli, Sasha, George Massenburg, The Butcher Bros., Buda & Grandz, Erin Tonkon and more.
- Recreations of the Eventide SP2016 Stereo Room, Room, and Hi-Density Plate algorithms
- Reverb parameter controls including Predelay, Decay, Diffusion, and a unique Position control
- Low and high shelving filters
- Intuitive, easy to use GUI
One of the best reverb collections available.