- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fluid Audio FAFX8 Coaxial Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L56802 000000000 L56802000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fader Series FX8 studio reference monitor was born out of trying to solve a common studio problem, that of getting enough bass out of a low-profi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Coaxial 8" studio monitor.
The Fader Series FX8 studio reference monitor was born out of trying to solve a common studio problem, that of getting enough bass out of a low-profile studio monitor. Most 8" studio monitors are 15" tall, which in a lot of project and professional studios, can obstruct the view of the tracking area. A lot of studios battle this problem by putting the monitors on their side, which can skew speaker imaging because the high frequency energy is bouncing off the surface they're sitting on. Additionally, the vertical off-axis response is now the horizontal off-axis response, which minimizes the sweet spot in the listening position. Fluid Audio solved this by creating a Coaxial 2-way design (or dual concentric), with the tweeter mounted in the center of the woofer.
The second benefit of the Coaxial design is that you now have all frequencies (bass and midrange from the woofer and high frequencies from the tweeter) radiating from the same point in space. This is huge because suddenly your off-axis response is much more consistent (meaning your sweet spot is bigger and more even) and the speaker's response doesn't change whether they are standing up or laying down.
The tweeter waveguide was designed in such a way (using the same geometry as the F5 waveguide) to maximize the low frequency response of the tweeter and better integrate with the woofer. Using a 4th order crossover we were able to make the drivers phase coherent, and create a seamless transition between woofer and tweeter. Getting the phase correct between the drivers is crucial to having great midrange, with depth and transparency.
The FX8s also include all of the great features and benefits of the other Fader Series speakers as well. The amplifier supplies 130 Watts of Class A/B power to each cabinet, and the heat sink and standby circuit allow them to operate conveniently and reliably. The Fader volume control and bass reflex port on the front baffle allow for ease of use and placement. Whether you're mixing music in a professional studio or just your home project studio, the FX8's work perfectly with all types of music.
Wide sweet spot, low-profile cabinet design, gentle price. Order today.
- Frequency response: 35 Hz – 22 kHz (+/-3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.4 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 80 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 50 watts
- Signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL @ one meter with volume control at maximum (102dB Max SPL)
- Power: 115V ~50/60 Hz or 230V~50/60 Hz user switchable.
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 340mm (H) x 254mm (W) x 270mm (D)
- Weight (pair): 44 lbs / 20 kg
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.