- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fluid Audio FX80 8" Single Powered Studio Monitor
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71191 000000000 L71191000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fluid Audio FX80 coaxial studio monitor stays true to the original design of the FX Series, but features a complex radius front baffle that impro...Click To Read More About This Product
Affordable coaxial studio monitor with superb sound and a compact footprint.
The Fluid Audio FX80 coaxial studio monitor stays true to the original design of the FX Series, but features a complex radius front baffle that improves cabinet diffraction. Mounted in the center of the woofer is a 40mm silk dome tweeter in a coaxial configuration. Using this technology makes allows all the sound to emanate from a single point, which improves off-axis response. This ensures that your mix will not only sound great on your FX80 monitors, but will translate from system to system.
The updated FX Series features Class-D amplification, offering more clean, reliable power, more headroom, and powerful DSP integration with digitally controlled crossover. The FX Series monitors also come equipped with boundary control EQ switches, that allow you to compensate for home or project studios that may not have been treated or just need to be adjusted due to their proximity to the wall behind them.
The FX80’s front-loaded, bass-reflex slot port tunes the cabinet to maximize the bass output efficiency of the speaker. It is placed on the front panel not only to directly radiate the bass energy towards the listener, but also for flexibility of placement in your studio.
Order today for clean, accurate sound.
- Frequency response: 35Hz–22kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.4kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 60W
- High-frequency amplifier power: 50W
- Signal-to-noise: 90dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF one displacement
- Input impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 95dBA output SPL @ one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: 100V-240V~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 13.4" x 10" x 11.6" (340mm x 254mm x 295mm)
- Weight (each): 7.8 kg / 17.2 lbs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.