- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K47932 000000000 K47932000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Focusrite's Clarett audio interfaces feature high-performance, low-noise mic preamps with a low-distortion, ultra-linear design, 24-bit/192kHz digita...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An exceptional audio interface with 8 combo inputs, 10 line outputs, S/PDIF I/O and up to 8 extended digital inputs and outputs via ADAT. Great for a home or project studio.
Focusrite's Clarett audio interfaces feature high-performance, low-noise mic preamps with a low-distortion, ultra-linear design, 24-bit/192kHz digital conversion and extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup possible. This guarantees a clean, open and transparent sound. Additionally, each Clarett mic pre has a unique “Air” switch, which, when initialized, will emulate Focusrite’s classic transformer-based preamps.
The Clarett 8Pre offers 10 combination XLR/TRS inputs; 10 line outputs; S/PDIF and MIDI I/O; and up to 8 channels of additional digital inputs and outputs via ADAT. The iconic red front panel boasts a large rotary-style master fader with designated rotary controls for the headphone volume. Phantom power can be enabled on the inputs from the 48V group buttons, where the top button delivers phantom power to inputs 1-4 and the bottom button send phantom power to inputs 5-8. Each input has an assigned rotary dial to adjust the gain, giving you optimal control over the level sent to your DAW. To protect against clipping, the Clarett 8Pre features Focusrite’s signature “Gain Halo”—an illuminated ring around the gain control dial that lights up green when there’s signal and red when that signal is too high.
With its outstanding high-resolution conversion, versatile preamps and extensive digital input connectivity, Focusrite's 8Pre will deliver incredible audio quality for a whole host of applications.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with user-friendly control software Focusrite Control.
- 8 Clarett mic preamps, with up to 18 inputs and 10 outputs
- Ultra-low noise Clarett mic preamps, ultra-low distortion and 118dB dynamic range
- Included standard USB and USB Type-C cables connect to Mac or PC
- Precision 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path
- High-headroom instrument inputs for recording super-hot pickups with no unwanted distortion
- Four Air-enabled mic preamps, which can reproduce the sound of Focusrite's original ISA mic preamp
- Included software form XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton and Loopmasters
An excellent USB audio interface to record professional quality audio. Perfect recording multi-miked performances—order soon.
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 192 kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 35kHz
- Total inputs: 18
- Analog inputs: 8
- Digital inputs: 10
- Mic preamps: 0
- XLR/TRS combo jacks: 8
- XLR only jacks: 0
- 1/4” only jacks: 0
- DB25: 0
- S/PDIF in: 1
- ADAT/optical in: 8
- RCA in: 0
- AES/EBU: 0
- MADI: 0
- MIDI: 1
- Dante: 0
- Total outputs: 20
- Analog outputs: 10
- Digital outputs: 10
- XLR out: 0
- 1/4” out: 10
- DB25: 0
- S/PDIF out: 1
- ADAT/optical out: 0
- RCA out: 0
- AES / EBU: 0
- MADI: 0
- MIDI: 1
- Dante: 0
- Connections: USB
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- Headphone output(s): 2
- Word-clock I/O: Yes
- Computer platform: Mac, Windows
- Phantom power: Yes
- Direct monitoring: Not Specified
- Onboard DSP: Not Specified
- Metering: Yes
- Display: Yes
- Latency control: Not specified
- Monitor control: Yes
- Headphone control: Yes
- Width: 2.5 in.
- Height: 8.74 in.
- Depth: 11.2 in.
- Weight: 4.21 lbs.
- Rack-mountable: No
- Included software: Yes, XLN, Softube, Ableton and Loopmasters.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.