Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Focusrite Clarett OctoPretrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The mic pre expansion with added ‘Air’.
The eight mic pres feature automatic mic/line switching inputs and two front-panel instrument inputs. Designed specifically for the Clarett range, they offer plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion - and great sound quality. They also include a special “Air” feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre, switching the impedance of the preamp to that of the original ISA and enabling a ‘transformer resonance effect’, giving microphone sources the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic pre recording. In addition, the mic pres have plenty of headroom and are ideal for recording drums and other extreme level sources.
The front panel instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle high-output pickups, while the rear panel includes universal XLR/jack connectors for the remaining auto-switching mic/line inputs. In addition, each input has its own switched insertion point for single-cable connection of compression, equalization and other outboard analogue processing - with hard-wired relay bypass, so you can leave outboard gear or a patchbay connected ready to access at the press of a button. The inputs drive eight channels of precision 24-bit Focusrite A-D with 118dB dynamic range and standard sample rates up to 192kHz.
In addition to providing eight mic pres, the Clarett OctoPre offers D-A conversion (from the ADAT inputs, with 119dB dynamic range) of up to eight channels, making it perfect for mixing as well as tracking. The outputs appear on a 25-pin DSUB connector with standard wiring. The line outputs can optionally provide line level output feeds from the mic pres – useful for feeding a live console, for example, while recording the digital outputs. Aside from the insert point, the Clarett OctoPre is balanced end-to-end for maximum noise immunity.
- 8-channel I/O mic/line expansion with ADAT interfacing
- Eight Clarett-style mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation effect
- Eight line outputs fed from D-A or mic pres
- 24-bit A-D and D-A up to 192 kHz sample rate - ideal for hi-res audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O - eight channels at up to 96 kHz, four channels at 176.4/192 kHz
- Switched insert with true bypass on every channel
- Mic Pres and front panel instrument inputs with extra headroom
- Six-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48V Phantom Power to all inputs
- Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination
- Includes Ableton Live Lite and 2GB of Loopmasters samples
Call or click to order today!
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.