Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Focusrite ISA Two Classic Dual Mono Transformer-Based Microphone Preamplifiertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Twin channels of exquisite pre-amplification, with front-panel DI for easy instrument connection.
Focusrite's ISA Two brings together a totally independent pair of legendary ISA microphone preamps inspired by the original ISA 110 module, combining the best of traditional solid-state electronics with the original input transformer specified by Rupert Neve—the Lundahl LL1538. Two is a nice round number—ideal for recording, say, a vocal and an instrument, or a stereo piano. But though you may only need two mic pres, you owe it to your craft to choose the best. (And if you need more, we offer ISA 428 Mk II 4-channel and ISA 828 8-channel units too.)
Focusrite has made one little adjustment to the mic pre. The original ISA 110 had a single-input impedance that was ideal for the mics of the time. In the ISA Two there are three more, allowing you to get the very best out of any microphone, vintage or modern. Give a vintage mic the input it expects to get a traditional, warm sound. Pair the ISA Two with modern microphones and get the most transparent sound imaginable. Or experiment and pull out the inner character of any microphone you care to try. Couple that with up to 80dB of gain and you can be ready for anything.
In addition to the mic pres, there are front-panel instrument inputs for instant access, along with rear-panel line ins. There's also a balanced insert point on the rear panel, actuated with a front-panel button so you can insert the EQ, dynamics or other processors you need. Add to that the user-calibrated 8-LED metering and variable cutoff high-pass filter and you know that with the ISA Two you'll have everything you need to get the highest-quality sound into your recordings.
Now comes with Brainworx bx_console Focusrite plug-in
This awesome plug-in recreates the analog signal paths of Focusrite’s revered ISA 110 and ISA 130 modules, which were a part of the Focusrite Studio Console. Designed and coded by the DSP geniuses at acclaimed software house Brainworx, the new bx_console Focusrite VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original iconic hardware.
If you purchased any Red, RedNet or ISA solution from January 2020 on, you will have the plug-in available in your Focusrite account as long as you’ve registered your product.
- Lundahl LL1538 mic input transformer
- Up to 80 dB of clean, distortion-free gain
- Four choices of input impedance
- User-calibrated metering
- Front-panel instrument and rear panel line inputs
- Variable cut-off high-pass filter
- Rear panel balanced inserts
- Focusrite offers a 2-year manufacturer's warranty
Dual-channel processing is better than one”order the ISA Two today.
ISA Two Classic Dual Mono Transformer-Based Microphone Preamplifier Specifications:Front panel, per channel
- 1/4" Instrument input
- Variable input impedance - Low, ISA 110, Medium, High
- Input selection - Mic, Line, Instrument
- 0 - 30 dB/30 - 60 dB gain switch
- Phantom power switch
- Phase invert switch
- 0 - 60 dB gain in 10 dB steps
- 0 - +20 dB continuously variable trim
- Variable high-pass filter with on/off switch
- Insert point on/off switch
- Eight-LED user-calibrated level meters
- Single power switch
- XLR-F mic inputs
- 1/4" TRS line inputs
- 1/4" TRS Sends
- 1/4" TRS Returns
- XLR-M line output
- Single peak meter calibration dial
- Single IEC power socket
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu with a THD+N < 0.01% at 1kHz measured with 150 Î source impedance and 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Maximum Microphone Transformer Input Level: +7 dBu with a THD+N < 0.7% at 1kHz measured at 0 dB of gain with 150 Î source impedance and 22Hz/22kHz band-pass filter
- Gain range: 0 dB to +60 dB in 10 dB steps, plus 0 dB to +20 dB continuously variable trim
- Input Impedance: Switched Impedance setting / Equivalent Input Impedance at 1kHz
- Low = 600 Î
- ISA 110 = 1.4 kÎ
- Med = 2.4 kÎ
- High = 6.8 kÎ
- EIN (Equivalent Input Noise): Measured at 60 dB of gain with 150 Î source impedance and 22 Hz-22kHz band pass filter = -127 dB
- Noise: Noise at output with unity gain (0 dB) and 22 Hz-22kHz band pass filter = -97 dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Measured with 150 Î source impedance and 22 Hz-22kHz band pass filter = 121 dB relative to max output +24 dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: Measured with a -20 dBu input signal at +30 dB of gain and with a 22 Hz-22 kHz band pass filter = < 0.0007% at 1kHz
- Frequency Response:
- At minimum gain (0 dB)
- -0.5 dB at 10 Hz, -1 dB at 135kHz, relative to 1kHz
- At +60 dB gain
- -6 dB at 10 Hz, -1 dB at 115kHz, relative to 1kHz
- CMRR (Common Mode Rejection Ratio):
- -94 dB for mic input at 60 Hz for max. output = +24 dBu
- -91 dB for mic input at 10 kHz for max. output = +24 dBu
- Crosstalk Channel to Channel: Mic input, with I/P = 0 dBu, gain = 0 dB @ 1kHz input to channel A, channel B output = -85 dB
- Gain Range: -20 dB to +10 dB in 10 dB steps, plus 0 dB to +20 dB continuously variable trim
- Input Impedance: 10 kÎ from 10Hz to 200kHz
- Noise: Noise at main output with gain at unity (0 dB) measured with 50 Î source impedance and a 22Hz - 22 kHz band pass filter = -97 dBu
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Measured with 50 Î source impedance and a 22Hz-22kHz band pass filter = 121 dB relative to max output +24 dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: Measured with a 0 dBu input signal, +10 dB of gain and a 22Hz-22kHz band pass filter = < 0.002% at 1kHz
- Frequency Response:
- At unity gain (0 dB) -0.3 dB at 10Hz, -1 dB at 80kHz, relative to 1kHz
- Crosstalk Channel to Channel: Line input, with I/P = 0 dBu, gain = 0dB @ 1kHz input to channel A
- Channel B output = -91 dB
- Gain Range: +10 dB to +40 dB continuously variable trim
- Input Impedance: > 2 MÎ
- Noise: >Measured with 22Hz-22kHz band pass filter = Minimum gain (+10 dB) = -95 dBu
- Frequency Response:
- At minimum gain (+10 dB)
- -0.1 dB at 10 Hz,
- -1 dB at 115 kHz, relative to 1 kHz
- At maximum gain (+40 dB)
- -2.5 dB at 10 Hz,
- -1 dB at 110 kHz, relative to 1 kHz
- Roll-Off: 18 dB per octave (3 pole filter)
- Frequency Range: Continuously variable from 16 Hz to 420 Hz (-3 dB)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 18.90" x 1.73" x 11.02" (480 mm x 44 mm x 280 mm)
- Weight: 8.16lb
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.