Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Focusrite ISA428 MKII Mic Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Four classic ISA preamps with DI inputs and a premium eight-channel A-D converter option.
Now in its second generation, the ISA 428 MkII incorporates four of Focusrite's renowned mic pres in a simple-to-operate 2U enclosure, placing four mic preamps, instrument inputs and line ins at your fingertips. The original Focusrite mic pre was designed to suit the microphones of the time; today's model makes a small change, adding three additional input impedances to the classic ISA110 setting, allowing you to match any microphone, old or new, and access a wide range of sounds, from the character and warmth of a vintage mic to the clear transparency of a modern design. Or you can experiment and bring out just the qualities you want.
In addition to the mic inputs, there are four front-panel instrument inputs, making the ISA428 MkII ideal for overdubs in the control room with no need for a DI box. On the back: four line inputs and switchable insert points on each channel to allow routing via external signal processors. There's also a versatile, vintage design variable high-pass filter to control what's going on at the bass end. And finally¦ accurate, 6-LED meters to tell you exactly what's going down. Optionally, available for the ISA428 MkII is a precision eight-channel A-D converter with 122dB dynamic range and superb jitter performance—ideal for simple interfacing with your DAW.
UPDATE: Now comes with Brainworx bx_console Focusrite plug-in
This awesome plug-in recreates the analog signal paths of Focusrite’s revered ISA 110 and ISA 130 modules, which were a part of the Focusrite Studio Console. Designed and coded by the DSP geniuses at acclaimed software house Brainworx, the new bx_console Focusrite VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC faithfully captures the sound, feel and styling of the original iconic hardware.
If you purchased any Red, RedNet or ISA solution from January 2020 on, you will have the plug-in available in your Focusrite account as long as you’ve registered your product.
- Four ISA series transformer-based preamps
- Eight-channel optional A-D converter
- Selectable impedance
- Four front panel instrument inputs
- Dedicated analogue insert points
- Accurate LED meters for every channel
- Focusrite offers a 2-year manufacturer's warranty
A great front end for your DAW with 4 classic preamps based on Mr. Rupert Neve's original ISA 110, plus an optional 8 channels of conversion - all at an amazing price. Order today!
ISA428 MKII Mic Preamp Specifications:Mic Inputs
- Frequency response at minimum gain (0dB): -0.35dB at 20Hz and -3dB at 122kHz
- Frequency response at maximum gain (60dB): -2.5dB at 20Hz and -3dB 103kHz
- Gain range: 0dB to +60dB in 10dB steps, plus 0dB to +20dB continuously variable trim
- Maximum headroom: +7.4dBu
- THD+N: 0.0009% (measured at 1kHz -20dBu input signal, at 30dB gain setting, with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise EIN: -126dB (measured at 60dB of gain with 150Î termination and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise at main output with unity gain: -98dBu (measured with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- SNR: 123dB (relative to max output 25dBu)
- SNR: 120dB (relative to 0dBFS (+22dBu)
- CMRR: 88dB.
- Input Impedance, variable: 600Î, 1400Î, 2400Î, 6800Î
- Frequency Response at unity gain (0dB): -0.3dB at 20Hz and -3dB at 94kHz
- Gain range: -20dB to +10dB in 10dB steps, plus 0dB to +20dB continuously variable trim
- Maximum headroom: +25.4dBu
- THD+N: 0.002% (measured with +4dBu input signal, 0dB gain setting, with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise at main output with unity gain: -91dBu (measured with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- SNR: 116dB (relative to max output 25dBu)
- SNR: 113dB (relative to 0dBFS +22dBu). Input Impedance: 10kÎ
- Instrument Inputs
- Frequency Response at +10dB gain: -0.2dB at 20Hz and 0dB at 200kHz
- Frequency Response at +40dB gain: -3dB at 20Hz and -3dB at 38.4kHz
- Gain range: +10dB to +40dB continuously variable
- Maximum headroom: +11.5dBu
- THD+N: 0.006% (measured with -20dBu input signal, at minimum gain (+10dB), with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise at main output with minimum gain (+10dB): -95dBu (measured with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Input Impedance = >1MÎ
- Roll off = 18dB per octave 3 pole filter
- Frequency range: 16Hz to 420Hz (continuously variable, measured at the 3dB down point)
- ¢ 6 LED meter is calibrated 0dBFS = +22dBu (the maximum level which can be correctly converted by the optional internal A/D converter before overload occurs). The meter calibration points are as follows:
- Meter panel calibration value in dBFS / Equivalent dBu value
- 0dBFS / +22dBu
- -2dBFS / +20dBu
- -6dBFS / +16dBu
- -12dBFS / +10dBu
- -18dBFS / +4dBu
- -42dBFS / -20dBu
- Analog Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 4 instrument 1„4" TS jack inputs on front panel
- 4 microphone XLR inputs on rear panel
- 4 line 1„4" TRS jacks on rear panel
- 4 insert return 1„4" TRS jacks on rear panel
- 4 ADC XLR inputs on rear panel
- 4 line XLR outputs on rear panel
- 4 insert send 1„4" TRS jacks on rear panel
- Other I/O
- IEC power input connector 100Vac - 240Vac
- Front Panel Indicators
- 8 output meters, 6 segment
- 4 30-60 mic gain range selection indicator
- 4 +48V phantom power indicator
- 4 Phase indicator
- 4 Insert In indicator
- 4 Filter In indicator
- 4 Input selection indicators (Mic, Line, Inst)
- 4 Z In microphone input impedance selection indicators (Low, ISA110, Med, High) Clock select indicators (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192)
- Ext clock indicators (Lock, Word clock, 256X)
- Weight: 12.2lb. (5.5kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 480mm (W) x 88mm (H) x 280mm (D)
- 19" (W) x 3-1/2" (H) x 11" (D)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.