- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- J35215 000000000 J35215000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. Scarlett generation 2 features super-low latency that will bring confidence to your ...Click To Read More About This Product
Focusrite Plug-in Collective
From November 22, 2018 until January 10, 2019, Focusrite customers will have access to AAS sample player + 2 free sound packs, three plug-ins from Audio Thing, Positive Grid Bias Amp LE 2, and D16 Sigmund.
Offer expires 01/10/19Download Rebate
6-Month* financing available.
18-in, 8-out USB audio interface with four Scarlett mic preamps.
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. Scarlett generation 2 features super-low latency that will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. Its metal volume controls and a sleeker red metal chassis underscore its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. Scarlett USB audio interfaces also now operate at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot pickups for recording electric guitar.
The latest generation Scarlett 18i8 is an 18-in, 8-out USB interface that's ideal for multi-instrumentalists, producers and small bands who want to record audio from a wide range of sources such as drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals. It's Focusrite's most comprehensive desktop interface, giving you four mic preamps, round-trip latency as low as 2.74ms, class-leading sound quality, and two separate headphone outputs, so you can give different monitoring settings to two artists, or an engineer and artist. It's also expandable over ADAT.
Focusrite interfaces are the perfect partner for Pro Tools, so Scarlett 18i8 comes with Pro Tools | First recording software, as well as Ableton Live Lite and a suite of software and samples so you can start recording straight away. As you’d expect, it works flawlessly with all major DAWs on Mac and PC.
Focusrite continues to add value to their products, long after the purchase is complete, by bringing monthly plug-in deals to customers through the Focusrite Plug-In Collective. Each month registered owners of Focusrite products will receive an exclusive code via email to unlock a free or discounted plug-in from the world’s leading plug-in companies. See the rebate PDF on this page for details on this month’s plug-in from Focusrite.
- Class-leading digital conversion at up to 24-bit / 192kHz
- Super-low latency lets you perform and produce using effects in real time
- Two independent balanced analog outputs for connecting studio monitors
- Two discrete headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Expand up to eight additional analog inputs via ADAT
- Get a free XLN Addictive Keys license with purchase
- Get Red 2 & 3 Plug-in suite, Softube Time & Tone Bundle and 2GB of Loopmasters samples
- Focusrite offers a 2-year manufacturer's warranty
Bigger, faster, easier than ever before—experience the 2nd generation Scarlett series today!
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 192kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Total inputs: 18
- Analog inputs: 8
- Digital inputs: 10
- Mic preamps: 4
- XLR/TRS combo jacks: 4
- XLR only jacks: 0
- 1/4” only jacks: 4
- S/PDIF in: 2
- ADAT/optical in: 8
- RCA in: 0
- AES/EBU DSUB: 0
- MADI: No
- Dante: 0
- Total outputs: 8
- Analog outputs: 6
- Digital outputs: 2
- XLR out: 0
- 1/4” out: 6
- S/PDIF out: 2
- ADAT/optical out: 0
- RCA out: 0
- AES / EBU DSUB: 0
- MADI: No
- Dante: 0
- Connections: USB
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Headphone output(s): 2
- Word-clock I/O: No
- Computer platform: Mac, Windows
- Phantom power: Yes
- Direct monitoring: Yes
- Onboard DSP: No
- Metering: LED halos
- Display: No
- Latency control: Yes
- Monitor control: Yes
- Headphone control: Yes
- Width: 9.02 in.
- Height: 2.6 in.
- Depth: 7.56 in.
- Weight: 3.70 lb.
- Rack-mountable: No
- Included software: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.