Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
VF160EX Studio Packagefalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
A complete studio in one comprehensive package.
VF160EX 16-Track Recorder with CD Burner
A complete digital audio studio! Greater software reliability and faster CD writing/reading make the popular Fostex VF160EX better than ever. Built-in CDR drive provides one-stop convenience. The recording engine features a total of 16 tracks, plus 8 virtual tracks. Simultaneous 16-track recording (using 8 analog ins and ADAT lightpipe for additional 8) to a large-capacity 40GB Maxtor hard disk gives you hours of recording time, and FDMS-3 technology enables more efficient disk and CPU usage for more track minutes without data compression, plus faster editing and DSP operations. Its superb digital mixer provides 60mm faders for all 16 channels, 3-band EQ with parametric mid and high, master EQ, channel and master compressors, 8 mic inputs, ADAT optical I/O, 2 effect sends and 2 aux sends per channel, and 99 mix scene memory. It also comes with 2 independent multi-effects DSPs including a preset library with great effects. Other special new features include Scrub Zoom, Fader Pairing, Channel Solo, BPM Delay, Event Map Locate, and Locate to Last Rec Point.
PM0.5 MKII Active Nearfield Studio Monitor Pair
Fostex employs the latest cone material technology to obtain extremely pure music reproduction with the PM0.5 MKII Active Studio Monitors. Biamplification provides 40W to the 5" LF drivers and 18W to the extremely responsive 3/4" soft-dome tweeters. With the MKII upgrades, the tweeters are now a one-piece assembly with a redesigned damper to eliminate interference for clearer high-frequency response, and the cabinets sport a high-gloss piano black finish on their front. The compact cabinets are specially designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and incorporate a long bass port for deep and accurate low-frequency response.
The carefully tuned enclosures and circuitry produce great full range performance with exceptional neutrality even at high SPLs. The LF driver cones are made from cut-and-milled aromatic polyamide fibers that are simultaneously resin-impregnated to achieve high rigidity and optimum damping. The cones also have an olefin film thermally adhered to their surface to control frequency response and to ensure long-term reliability. Resin-impregnated cellulose dust caps cover voice coils made of high-purity copper wire for achieve extremely low distortion. Each soft dome tweeter uses UFLC (Poly Urethane Film Laminated Cloth) technology for lightweight and quality performance. Each amplifier is precisely calibrated to match the performance capability of its driver.
MXL 990 Condenser Microphone
Has a silky, sweet high-end while retaining tight, solid low and midrange reproduction. The 3/4" gold-sputtered diaphragm creates a professional sound suited for digital and analog recording. Attractive vintage body style with champagne finish. 30Hz-20kHz frequency response. 130dB maximum SPL. Includes custom shockmount, mic stand adapter, and case.
Nady CM 90 Cardioid Condenser Mic
The Nady CM 90 is great for recording or reinforcing acoustic guitars, hi-hats, snares, piano, and horns. Perfect as an overhead drum mic. Features high sensitivity, extended smooth response, and very high SPL capability. Transformerless design yields minimal self-noise. Rugged turned-brass microphone housing and internal sub-assembly shockmount. Engraved markings. Requires 48V phantom power.
AKG K 101 Stereo Open-Back Headphones
If you have used mini headphones in the past, the AKG K 101 headphones can be the perfect model to take their place. You'll love the exceptional sound quality it delivers. These headphones are ideally suited for audio equipment, portable mini, and micro hi-fi devices, and for all multimedia applications. The lightweight, semi-open, supra-aural earpiece may look delicate, but looks can be deceiving! Thanks to a new transducer technology, these compact headphones deliver a surprising punch. The sturdy leather ear pads and hard gold-plated jack plug impart a touch of discrete luxury, and AKG's self-adjusting headband mechanism ensures a perfect fit.
- Internal 40GB E-IDE Maxtor hard drive
- Built-in CDR drive
- Total of 16 tracks
- 8 virtual track
- 40GB hard disk
- 8 mic inputs
- ADAT optical I/O
- Fader Pairing
- Mastering Effects
- Channel Solo
- BPM delays 2 - XLR channel ins; 2 - 1/4" TRS send/return; ADAT; S/PDIF; MIDI; 2 - 1/4" monitor jacks; 1/4" stereo headphone jack; 1/4" jack - AUX send (TIP: send 1/RING: send 2); RCA out (L, R); 1/4" footswitch jack
- 60mm faders for all 16 channels
- 3-band EQ with parametric mid and hig
- Master EQ
- Channel and master compressors
- 2 effect sends and 2 aux sends per channel
- 99 mix scene memory
- Biamplified with each amp calibrated to its driver
- 40W LF/30W HF
- 5" LF driver
- 3/4" soft dome HF tweeter
- Independent gain control for tweeter
- One-piece tweeter assembly with redesigned damper
- High-gloss piano black front panel
- Compact, ported bass-reflex design cabinet
- LF cones made from resin-impregnated aromatic polyamide fibers with olefin film cover Resin-impregnated cellulose dust cap
- High-purity copper wire voice coil
- Poly Urethane Film Laminated Cloth technology tweeter construction
- Locking XLR/TRS combo jack input
- 3/4" gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Attractive vintage body style with champagne finish
- 30Hz-20kHz frequency response
- 130dB maximum SPL
- Sensitivity: 15MV/pa
- Equivalent noise: 20dB (A-weighted)
VF160EX Studio Package Specifications:VF160 EX
- FDMS-3 (Fostex Disk Management System-3 ver. 1)
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz
- Quantization: 16-bit linear (non-compressed)
- ADC 20-bit 64-time oversampling Delta/Sigma
- DAC 24-bit 128-time oversampling Delta/Sigma
- 16 tracks + 8 virtual tracks; maximum 16 track play and simultaneous recording
- Pitch control: ‚±6%
- Frequency response 20Hz--20kHz
- Dynamic range 88dB or more
- THD >0.01% (typical)
- Crosstalk: 60dB or more @1kHz
- EQUALIZER: Low - 400Hz ‚±18dB (Shelving); Mid - 500Hz-20.2kHz ‚±18dB (Parametric); Hi - 500Hz-20.2kHz ‚±18dB (Parametric, Shelving)
- I/O: 8 - 1/4" jacks plus 2 - XLR channel ins; 2 - 1/4" TRS send/return; ADAT; S/PDIF; MIDI; 2 - 1/4" monitor jacks; 1/4" stereo headphone jack; 1/4" jack - AUX send (TIP: send 1/RING: send 2); RCA out (L, R); 1/4" footswitch jack
- Type: Semi-open, supra-aural, dynamic
- Sensitivity: 101 dbV
- Frequency range: 18 Hz to 22 kHz
- Rated impedance: 19 ohms
- THD: <1%
Max. SPL capability: 200 mW
- Cable: 99.99% oxygen-free single cable, approx. 3 m (10 ft.)
- Connector: Convertible jack plug (mini to 1/4")
- Adapter: Stereo mini to 1/4" jack
- Net weight (without cable): 160 g (5.6 oz.)
- Frequency response: 50Hz-20kHz
- 7"W x 11"H x 10"D
- 14 lbs.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.