- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fredenstein Professional Audio Artisitic Leveler
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L61695 000000000 L61695000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Artistic Leveler is a single channel opto compressor. If used in Fredenstein Bento 6 or Bento 10 racks, an external side-chain input is available...Click To Read More About This Product
The Artistic Leveler is a single channel opto compressor. If used in Fredenstein Bento 6 or Bento 10 racks, an external side-chain input is available through the Aux input connector, which is a rare feature for a 500 series compressor. It allows an alternative sound to control the gain, which can be used for a number of creative techniques made popular in EDM and rap.
The Leveler features rotary controls for Input Gain, Release Time, Compression Ratio (2:1 to 7.5:1), Make-up Gain and Wet-Dry Mixing (parallel compression). The Artistic Leveler is particulary sweet at low ratios and seems to enhance whatever it is fed. The Attack Time can be set in three steps, and the side-chain low cut filter offers two settings. There is also one toggle switch for Bypass and another for Link. The LED bar-graph meter indicates the gain reduction in the range of 1dB to 16dB.
Like many opto compressors, the Artistic Leveler features a fixed threshold. The compression depth is controlled by changing the Input Gain. And like the Artistic Compressor, the signal path features the discrete Fredenstein OPA2 and American transformer for some classic tone and solid drive capability. One might characterize the opto compressors as generally smooth and gentle compared to FET compressors that can be fast and aggresive, however the control range on each opens a lot of doors and each is quite versatile.
Super sweet, transparent compression.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz, +/- 1dB
- Make-up Gain: + 20 dB
- Distortion: < 0.05%, no compression
- Noise: < -86 dB, no make-up gain (+4dBu reference)
- Input Impedance: > 5000 Ohms
- Max. Input Level: + 26dBu
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms
- Max. Output Level: + 26 dBu
- Clip Indicator: + 24 dBu
- Input Gain Range: -10 dB to +20 dB
- Side-chain Filter: 150 or 300 Hz (switchable)
- Attack Time: 0.5, 5, and 25 ms (switchable)
- Release Time: 70ms to 2.5s
- Compression Ratio: 2:1 to 7.5:1
- Power Consumption: +/-16V < +/- 75mA (~2W)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.