- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Golden Age Project Pre-73 MKIII Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J24321 000000000 J24321000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The PRE-73 MKIII is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line and instrument preamplifier. The signal path uses only discrete components like res...Click To Read More About This Product
Single-channel vintage-style preamp.
The PRE-73 MKIII is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line and instrument preamplifier. The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors. The input and output is transformer balanced, using two different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose. This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available.
The circuit used in the PRE-73 MKIII is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
- Vintage Style electronics, no intergrated circuits in the signal path
- Enough gain to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- GAIN/LINE mode switch, gain is reduced by 30 dB in LINE mode
- Selectable two position high frequency AIR boost eq, 3 or 6 dB @ 30 kHz
- Selectable 6 dB/octave two frequency high pass filter
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Switchable impedance in MIC mode
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- A high-impedance instrument input
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter
- Combo XLR/TRS input jack and separate output XLR and TRS jacks
- Insert jack for inserting EQs and other units
- The pcb is prepared for the Carnhill input transformer
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.