- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound PR 30B Large-Diaphragm Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- 502848 000000000 502848000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Heil PR 30B represents completely original dynamic microphone technology designed for a wide range of professional applications such as sophistic...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Large dynamic element for a smooth, wide response.
The Heil PR 30B represents completely original dynamic microphone technology designed for a wide range of professional applications such as sophisticated recording, live sound, and commercial broadcast. Its smooth, wide frequency range sounds like a ribbon but can withstand large amounts of SPL. Outperforming the tired, 30-year-old technology of the industry, the large diameter of the Heil PR 30B's dynamic element produces an outstanding upper mid-range that makes the PR 30B an ideal guitar microphone as well as an excellent choice for reproducing the human voice.
Since 1982, Heil Sound has been a leading manufacturer of communications microphones and has a paramount understanding of phasing. When properly applied, this knowledge creates outstanding cardiod patterns with unbelievable rear rejection that removes unwanted sounds that try to enter from the off-axis rear. The pattern control of the Heil PR 30B dynamic microphone is outstanding. This exceptional performance is achieved by using the ideal combination of materials for the large low-mass diaphragm and a special mixture of neodymium, iron, and boron that gives the Heil PR 30B mic the strongest magnet structure available. These features allow the microphone to achieve magnificent dynamic range. A unique screen system using two different diameter mesh screens and an internal breath blast filter allow the user to talk closely to the microphone with little worry of pops or excessive sibilance. The Heil PR 30B's large diameter dynamic element is mounted in a unique sorbothane shock mount atop a non-resonant fixture, decoupling the element from the massive steel body. This body and the internal humbucking coil removes any worry of using the PR 30B near monitor screens or noisy lighting fixtures and controls. The new technology of the Heil PR 30B has redefined the dynamic mic with superior wide frequency response, low presence of noise, flawless design, and elite quality expected by an innovator and leader in the field.
- Largest dynamic element available
- Smooth response sounding like a ribbon
- Wide frequency response
- Articulate natural mid range
- Ideal for broadcast studios, especially for guitar amp microphone
- Properly positioned humbucking coil and heavy steel case insure maximum shielding
- Assembled and tested in Illinois
- Frequency response: 40Hz - 18kHz
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Impedance: 600 ohm balanced
- Output level: -52.9dB
- End fire generating element: 1-1/2" diameter dynamic
- Polarity: pin 2+
- Magnet structure neodymium, iron & boron
- Case structure: steel
- Length: 6.25"
- Diameter: 1.75"
- Stem diameter: 15/16"
- Weight: 9oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.