- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound PR 31 BW Short Barrel Large-Diaphragm Dynamic Mic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H70339 000000000 H70339000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Heil PR 31 BW was a suggestion of Bob Workman, FOH engineer for Charlie Daniels, who uses Heil microphones exclusively. Bob uses the Heil PR 30 f...Click To Read More About This Product
A 4" version of the Heil PR 30 with the same great performance and specs.
The Heil PR 31 BW was a suggestion of Bob Workman, FOH engineer for Charlie Daniels, who uses Heil microphones exclusively. Bob uses the Heil PR 30 for just about every application but it was too large physically to fit in and around the drum kit so Bob suggested Heil "cut it in half," and that's exactly what they did-and the Heil PR 31 BW was born-a 4" version of the PR 30 that exhibits all specs of the full-size PR 30. It has the same great frequency response, same wonderful front pattern, and the incredible -40 dB of rear and side rejection, which is perfect for using the PR 31 BW as an "underhead" microphone for cymbals.
Placing a microphone under the cymbal has never been successful because the microphone hears everything around it. With the -40 dB of rear and side rejection of the PR 31 BW, the microphone does not hear anything but what it is point towards-in this case, the cymbal and nothing from the toms or other sounds close by.
Using a right-angle connector and the Heil Sound HH-1 rim mount, the PR 31BW is the perfect low-profile answer for toms. The PR 31 BW also works great in front of a guitar cabinet, brass, and saxophone, inside a Leslie speaker, and is perfect for acoustic pianos. It's a go-to microphone for just about everything, including vocals. This incredible little bombshell is rightfully named, the HEIL PR 31 BW in honor and thanks to Bob Workman
- 4" PR 30 that exhibits all specs of the PR 30
- -40 dB of rear and side rejection
- Perfect low-profile answer for toms
Heil Sound listens to the artists and engineers that use mics—we suggest you listen to Heil sound mics. Order today!
- Generating element: Dynamic with neodymium magnet structure
- Frequency Response: 40Hz-18kHz
- Impedance: Balanced 600 Ohms
- Polar pattern: End-fire cardioid, uniform front-to-back discrimination
- Output level: -52.9 dB @ 1,000 Hz
- Output connection: 3-pin XLR
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.