- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound PR 48 Kick Drum Microphone
- Write a Review
- 502849 000000000 502849000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Heil PR 48 kick drum mic starts with Heil's 1.5" large diaphragm dynamic element sealed in a vulcanized shock mount and fed with a specially desi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A 1.5" large diaphragm drum mic inspired by the desires and needs of pro drummers.
The Heil PR 48 kick drum mic starts with Heil's 1.5" large diaphragm dynamic element sealed in a vulcanized shock mount and fed with a specially designed low-pass filter that creates a 10dB rise from 60Hz to 100Hz - right where the kick drum resonates. The drum microphone stays out to 7.5 kHz and drops off drastically to eliminate any unwanted internal sounds. The total frequency response is 30Hz - 8.5kHz (4dB rise @ 4500Hz). Its rear rejection is -40dB @ 180 off-axis. It can handle +148dB SPL.
The Heil PR 48 microphone's metal housing was designed with a slanted entrance to the 3-pin XLR so the cable assembly is easier to connect. The microphone provides a 600 ohm balanced output.
The Heil HDK drum kit series is a culmination of over 2 years spent on the road with leading drummers. They gave Heil their ideas, dreams, and needs which Heil then turned into reality. Every component of a drum kit needs special attention when it comes to reproducing the sound accurately. There are many drum microphones out there, but the artists that helped design the Heil drum microphones wanted more accuracy, not just level. Each one of them were tired of little plastic toys that did not reproduce well. They all agreed, after hearing and using the technologies of the Heil drum microphones, that they had never heard this level of quality reproduction.
- 1.5 diaphragm dynamic element
- Utilizes a low-pass filter with a 3dB hinge point at 30Hz and 8.5kHz
- metal housing
- Standard 5/8-27 thread
- Slanted entrance to the 3-pin XLR male connector
For your low-end bass cabinet or kick drum, get this low-priced Heil mic. Order today!
- Rejection: -40dB @ 180 degrees off-axis / +148dB SPL
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-8.5kHz (4dB rise @ 4500Hz)
- Generating Element: 1.5" large diaphragm, dynamic, cardioid (1.1 mV/Pa; 30 - 8,000Hz)
- Impedance: 600 Ohms
- SPl/Noise: 148dB
- Weight: 570g (20.11oz.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.