- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound The Fin Dynamic Microphone
Satin Black with Blue LED
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J17178 000001000 J17178000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fin Dynamic Mic captures remarkably natural, clear sound and is designed for live sound, recording, and broadcast applications. The exceptional p...Click To Read More About This Product
Capture live sound like never before in the new colorful glow of this professional-grade mic.
The Fin Dynamic Mic captures remarkably natural, clear sound and is designed for live sound, recording, and broadcast applications. The exceptional performance is achieved thanks to a special magnet structure with a large 1-1/18" aluminum low mass voice coil assembly similar to the Heil PR 20. The frequency response is 60 Hz - 18 kHz with that traditional Heil Sound mid range "bouquet" at 4 kHz, presenting incredible brilliance and presence. The Heil Fin exhibits a tight linear cardioid pattern. The chrome finish is a special "showchrome," where the steel body is copper-plated and then double chrome-plated, producing a deep chrome finish. A blue molded internal foam windscreen inside the grill covers the large diameter Heil dynamic microphone element mounted in a specially tooled Sorbothane shock mount.
The fun part of The Fin is the four L.E.D. lamps mounted inside. These can only be illuminated when using The Fin into one of the 3-pin balanced XLR inputs of a professional mixing console that supplies a +48 volt DC phantom voltage down the balanced mic line.
Standard 5/8" 27-thread connection allows The Fin to be mounted on booms or floor stands.
The Fin mic from Heil Sound is terrific for vocals, instrument amplifiers, harmonica, and speech, and puts the fun back into the dynamic microphone.
- Frequency response: 60Hz - 18 kHz
- Polar pattern: cardiod
- Impedance: 600 Ohm balanced
- Output level: -52.9dB
- End fire generating element: 1-1/8" diameter dynamic
- Polarity: Pin 2+
- Magnet structure: Neodymium, iron, and boron
- Case structure: Steel
- Chrome finish
- Aluminum carrying case
Order today and light up the stage.
- Dimensions: 4" W x 6" L
- Stem height: 2-3/4"
- Weight: 26.4 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.