- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
IK Multimedia T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb (Download)
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74529 000000000 L74529000000000
6-Month* financing available.
Step into Sunset Sound Recorders and the history overwhelms you. It’s where Jim Morrison sang “Light My Fire”. Where Eddie Van Halen tracked “Eruptio...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
Gives your tracks the iconic Sunset Sound and vibe.
Step into Sunset Sound Recorders and the history overwhelms you. It’s where Jim Morrison sang “Light My Fire”. Where Eddie Van Halen tracked “Eruption.” Where Prince created “Purple Rain.” Since 1962, Sunset Sound has hosted a who’s who of music legends: Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, Aretha Franklin, Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ryan Adams, Beck...
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb is your chance to give your tracks this iconic sound and vibe, with a suite of convolution reverbs capturing the sonic mojo of each room, booth, chamber and plate, all using the original consoles of each studio and Sunset’s own microphones. It’s the next best thing to tracking your session in this hall-of-fame studio itself.
Step into a part of music history
Sunset Sound Recorders was opened in 1958 by Tutti Camarata, then director of recording for Disney Studios. Walt had no interest in owning a studio, so Tutti purchased and outfitted Sunset himself. The space’s slanted floor and uneven walls gave it ideal acoustics, and soon the studio was busy recording Disney classics like “Mary Poppins”.
In 1962 Sunset Sound opened to external clients, expanding to a 3-studio complex and welcoming artists like the Doors, Joe Cocker, the Rolling Stones, Neil Young, the Beach Boys, and Led Zeppelin, cementing a reputation as one of the world’s premiere studios.
Since then a never-ending stream of artists from all genres have kept Sunset busy: Van Halen, Prince, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Whitney Houston, the Doobie Brothers, Miles Davis, Elton John, Alanis Morissette, Smashing Pumpkins, Sheryl Crow, Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, Ryan Adams, Beck and more.
Bring Sunset Sound to your studio
At this point the live rooms, vocal booths and echo chambers of Sunset Sound have become a part of the fabric of popular music itself. So IK Multimedia and studio owner Paul Camarata wanted to give all musicians the chance to add a little of Sunset’s magic to their tracks.
To capture both the unique acoustics of each studio as well as their characteristic vibe, IK created an all-new convolution engine to deliver the highest-possible quality reverb effects. And each impulse response was recorded using each studio’s unique console and Sunset’s extensive mic locker, so it’s as if you’re really there.
Each studio offers a live room and isolation booth plus Sunset’s 3 live echo chambers, all carefully maintained since their construction in the early 60s. Right away you’ll notice each room boasts a unique character, and the different sizes of echo chamber – each with the original recording gear - add additional sonic options.
In addition, T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb captures two vintage plate reverbs and a spring reverb still in use at the facility today, giving you a full suite of reverb effects in a single plug-in.
Convenient tone shaping
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb offers convenient controls to shape your reverbs.
- INPUT: Adjusts the gain of the incoming signal.
- PRE DELAY: The amount of time between the initial input signal and the reverberation.
- DECAY: Adjusts the length of the reverb tail. Values depend on the space in use
- HPF: Adjusts the cut-off frequency of the high-pass filter
- LOW: Adjusts the gain of the low shelf filter, set at 200 Hz
- HI: Adjusts the gain of the high shelf filter, set at 5 kHz
- LPF: Adjusts the cut-off frequency of the low-pass filter
- MIC: Controls which microphones are active (left, right, or both)
- WIDTH: Adjusts the stereo image of the reverb. Only available when used w/ both mics.
- DRY: Adjusts the amount of un-processed signal being output
- WET: Adjusts the amount of reverberated signal being output.
- SOLO: Lets you monitor either wet or dry signals without altering the blend of the two
The power of T-RackS
Like all T-RackS plug-ins, T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb offers you two ways to work: as a stand-alone plug-in, or inside the T-RackS 5 shell. Use these together with any of the other T-RackS processors to mix and master faster than ever creating a powerful, lightning-fast workflow.
The T-RackS shell offers a unique, modular system with up to 16-processor chains, series & parallel routing, easy A/B/C/D comparison, up to 192 kHz / 32-bit floating point processing and much more, in both a plug-in and stand-alone mastering application.
- Captures the acoustics of the iconic Sunset Sound studios
- Includes each studio’s live room, iso booth and 3 echo chambers
- Includes 3 plate and spring reverbs
- New convolution engine for ultra-realistic sound
- Preserves the sound of each studio’s original console
- Pre Delay & Decay Time controls, EQ and mic options
- Works as a stand-alone plug-in or inside the T-RackS 5 Shell
Experience the sound of an iconic studio.
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.9 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
- NOTE: EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
- Internet connection is required as all of the Custom Shop operations are web based.