- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
IK Multimedia T-RackS Vintage Compressors Bundle Software Download
- Write a Review
- J04462 000000000 J04462000000000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The compressor is the most frequently used signal processor in the studio, and has been throughout the history of recording. Compressors have been us...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
6-Month* financing available.
A collection of vintage dynamics modules with four timeless processors.
The compressor is the most frequently used signal processor in the studio, and has been throughout the history of recording. Compressors have been used both to control the dynamic range of individual tracks and full mixes, and to achieve creative effects - many of which ended up becoming integral parts of the sound of hit songs and even entire musical styles.
The Vintage Compressors Collection includes some of the T-RackS series' most iconic and sonically pleasing compressor modules, in a complete package that's well suited both for mixing and mastering.
These modules are timeless classics; at the same time each one uses a different and unique method to achieve compression - so they all sound different, in addition to sounding great.
Based on what is probably the most widely used compressor of all time for mixing duties, the 1176 Limiting Amplifier. FET (Field Effect Transistor) electronics are at the base of the sidechain circuit in this unit, and one of its peculiarities is a lightning-fast attack time, making it an ideal choice for percussive sources. On kicks or snare drums, it's almost "mandatory" to have one patched in. Nonetheless, it's at home on practically any source, from bass to acoustic guitars to vocals and more. The Black 76 model accurately reproduces the behavior of the original, down to the "all buttons in" mode for crazy compression effects, and is the perfect choice to give "personality" to any track that needs it.
This processing is based on the legendary Teletronix LA-2A, considered to be the "magic" compressor - one that you find on the "money channels," like lead vocals or lead instruments. The way it achieves compression is a work of art. The original hardware is based around a photo optical cell working together with a light-dependant resistor. This, and the tube-based electronics give it a warm, gentle and consistent compression, which is almost invisible at low settings -with more character and harmonics added as the signal gets more compressed. White 2A behaves exactly like its hardware sibling, with the same simplicity of controls, to achieve the "magic." It's most commonly used on vocals, but it can be applied on any source needing controlled compression and a subtle warm touch.
Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter Model 670
Based on the Fairchild 670, it's often referred to as the "Holy Grail" of compressors. The T-RackS version, which resulted from a painstaking analysis of the original hardware, reproduces all the features that made the Fairchild the first modern, Variable MU, tube-based limiter. These include a tube signal path, the possibility to control dynamics of L and R channels or Lateral and Vertical components of the audio spectrum separately (the latter very useful for M/S processing in mastering jobs), and its particular time constants. Simply place it on the stereo bus of your DAW, and it will impart to your track that euphonic sound that only real great processors can produce.
As its name implies, this processer bases its gain reduction on an optical photocell design, which features a light source and a light detector. These types of components add a defined character to a track, making it sound larger than life, musical, and precisely imaged. This model incorporates the features an "ideal" optical compressor should have, where the non-linearities and distortion in the signal path totally nonexistent. As a result, it's very often the first call on sources like vocals, drums or bass when there is the need for a very "tight image" and control without coloration.
Gorgeous tone, in a DAW or on its own
You can open T-RackS modules as single plug-ins inside your DAW, or under an integrated plug-in shell that can host up to 12 modules at a time in 8 plug-in slots, and create complex signal chains.
If you'd prefer, you can run T-RackS as a standalone application. If you have IK's ARC System 2, when you open T-RackS in standalone mode, the ARC processing will be seamlessly integrated into the signal chain.
- 4 processors
- Modules can be opened under T-RackS shell or as individual plug-ins
- Custom Shop functionality lets you purchase additional modules from inside the program
- Complete built-in metering section with Peak, Perceived Loudness, Phase, and RMS meters, plus a Spectrum analyzer with Peak, RMS and Averaging indicators
- Standalone integration with ARC System 2 processing
- All processors available as individual plug-ins
- 64-bit native support
- 32-bit 192 kHz support
- High-fidelity oversampling for high-quality audio processing through the entire signal path
- SCC technology coupled with IK's unique DSM technology provides the most realistic software emulation of vintage gear to date
- Extremely easy to use, with style-based presets, full chain visualization, one-click single module or chain bypass, "compare" function and more
- 32- & 64-bit AAX Compatibility. Will run in Pro Tools 11, and under AAX in Pro Tools 10
Choose one of these four classics to be your main squeeze.
- Mac (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
- Windows (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Works as a standalone application, as well as a plug-in
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- ASIO (Windows) and CoreAudio (Mac OS X) compatible (standalone only)
- Configurable mixing/mastering chain - run up to 12 parallel / series processors
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Module and Global presets
- Multiple curves Fade In and Out (standalone only)
- Multiple Snapshots, independent for each audio file (standalone only)
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- Supports multiple input and output audio formats (Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3), sampling rates and resolutions
- High-quality sampling rate and bit depth converters
- Single or Multiple audio files processing (standalone only)
- DSM and SCC proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Black 76 Limiting Amplifier
- White 2A Leveling Amplifier
- Vintage Compressor - MODEL 670
- Opto Compressor
- Classic T-RackS Equalizer (already included in T-RackS Custom Shop)
- Multiple scale precision Peak Meter, peak hold and digital Over indications
- Real Perceived Loudness Meter
- RMS Level Meter
- High-speed Phase scope with selectable display options
- Spectrum Analyzer with Peak, RMS and Averaging display options