- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JBL Control 30 Three-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 600179 000001000 600179000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Control 30 speaker utilizes high-power components, computer-optimized horn and coaxial component design, speaker cabinet manufacturing techniques...Click To Read More About This Product
10" full-fidelity speaker for fixed indoor/outdoor installations.
The Control 30 speaker utilizes high-power components, computer-optimized horn and coaxial component design, speaker cabinet manufacturing techniques, and a complex network to achieve smooth high fidelity performance, extended bandwidth and well-controlled, defined coverage from a compact loudspeaker. A symmetrical mid-high frequency horn allows use of the speaker in either vertical or horizontal orientation. The Control 30 Speaker has a smooth frequency response and cone-midrange performance ensures excellent sound character throughout the frequency band, over the entire listening area. The top-quality line distribution transformer, designed for minimal insertion loss and reduced saturation, allows use of either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. In bypass position, the 8-ohm impedance allows use of multiple speakers on a loudspeaker line.
The InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41 off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36 (horn end inward) or 23 (woofer end inward). Attachment points for the optional MTC-30UB (-WH) U-bracket allows for compact installation and is particularly useful for low-profile, under-balcony applications.
Weather resistance on the Control 30 speaker has been maximized. The neodymium magnet LF woofer has a fiberglass and Kevlar composite cone, the surround is pure butyl rubber, and the basket is rear loaded to minimize exposure. The MR cone of the coaxial mid-high driver is anodized aluminum with a formulation EPDM rubber surround, and the HF compression driver's diaphragm is pure titanium. The coaxial component is protected by an acoustically transparent screen. The grille is thermoset composite coated and stands up very well to UV as well as humidity. The grille is backed with WeatherMax multi-layer foam, which prevents the direct incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2-sealed entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker's terminals.
JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound.
You can't go wrong with speakers from the company whose name is synonymous with cinema sound and was voted number one in the recording industry in 1976 (the heyday of recording) by studio professionals. Today, JBL monitors are used by Grammy winners such as Frank Fillipetti (Ray Charles, Korn, Billy Joel, Kiss) and Nate Kunkel (B.B. King, Sting, Crystal Method, Maroon 5).
- Extended bandwidth, extremely smooth frequency response
- Fully outdoor-capable design, featuring WeatherMax
- 120x 110HF coverage
- 150-watt transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8 ohms thru
- SonicGuard overload protection
- 10" (250 mm) fiberglass/Kevlar cone LF woofer, with neodymium magnet coaxial
- 5" (125 mm) anodized aluminum cone MR, and 1" (25 mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- InvisiBall mounting hardware, plus ten 6 mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket.
- Sealed input panel cover and screw-down input terminals
- Low Frequency: 10" (250 mm) fiberglass/Kevlar cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 2" (50 mm) voice coil on fiberglass former, neodymium magnet
- Mid Frequency: 5" (125 mm) anodized aluminum cone with EPDM rubber (Terpolymer of Ethylene and Propylene) surround, 1" (25 mm) voice coil on fiberglass former
- High Frequency: 1" (25 mm) compression driver, pure titanium diaphragm with patented JBL diamond surround
- Enclosure Material: High Impact PolyStyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill plus internal 5 mm foamed polyurethane secondary mold
- Grille: Thermoset composite coated steel, WeatherMax multi-layer foam
- Overload Protection: SonicGuard full range power limiting to protect network and trans-
- Environmental: IEC 529 IP-X5 rating. Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, salt spray,
- temperature & UV. Passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper base, nickel-plated
- metal screws/washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside, 4 mm inside open lug (#6, #8 or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG/2.5 mm2)
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer is listed per UL1876
- Dimensions: 23.3"H x 14.6"W x 13.5"D (593x372x345mm)
- Weight (each): 42 lbs. (18.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight (each): 45 lbs. (20.3 kg)
- Included Accessories: 1 pc MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall mounting base, 6x305mm InvisiBall Hex wrench
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.