- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JBL VRX918S 18" High Power Passive Flying Subwoofer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 600141 000001000 600141000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The VRX918S is a compact, high power suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2268H neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a f...Click To Read More About This Product
Integral hardware makes for easy rigging inline arrays.
The VRX918S is a compact, high power suspendable subwoofer system containing a 2268H neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. The VRX918S was designed specifically for use with the VRX932LA Line Array speaker and VRX-AF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in setups consisting entirely of VRX918S subwoofers.
The subwoofer system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2.
Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX918S speaker is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 50 kg (100 lb). The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The VRX918S enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlexTM finish and is heavily braced to maximize low- frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the speaker enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of VRX932LA line-arrays and optional array frame
- 18 inch, 2268H Differential Drive woofer for extended low-frequency output
- Large port area for reduced distortion
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting
Order it with our total satisfaction guarantee!
- Frequency Range: 31 Hz ” 220 Hz
- Frequency Response: 34 Hz ” 220 Hz
- Recommended Crossover Frequencies: 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave HPF_80 Hz, 24 dB / octave LPF
- Power Rating (Continuous / Program / Peak) : 800 W/1600 W/3200 W
- System Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL peak
- System Sensitivity: 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Suspension/Mounting: Optional VRX932LA-AF line array frame kit or 10mm eyebolt
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with_acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in, (508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm)
- Net Weight: 81 lb (37 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.