Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
JBL VRX918S 18" High Power Passive Flying Subwoofer Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
JBL VRX918S 18" High Power Passive Flying Subwoofer Black
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Integral hardware makes for easy rigging inline arrays.
The subwoofer system offers complete input connection flexibility for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2.
Equally at home in ground stacked applications, the VRX918S speaker is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 35 mm pole sockets and weighing up to 50 kg (100 lb). The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The VRX918S enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlexTM finish and is heavily braced to maximize low- frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the speaker enclosure is fitted with T-nuts which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
- Integral rigging hardware for simple connection of VRX932LA line-arrays and optional array frame
- 18 inch, 2268H Differential Drive woofer for extended low-frequency output
- Large port area for reduced distortion
- 20 mm threaded pole socket for solid, secure satellite speaker mounting
Order it with our total satisfaction guarantee!
VRX918S 18" High Power Passive Flying Subwoofer Specifications:
- Frequency Range: 31 Hz ” 220 Hz
- Frequency Response: 34 Hz ” 220 Hz
- Recommended Crossover Frequencies: 80 Hz, 24 dB / octave HPF_80 Hz, 24 dB / octave LPF
- Power Rating (Continuous / Program / Peak) : 800 W/1600 W/3200 W
- System Maximum SPL: 130 dB SPL peak
- System Sensitivity: 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18 in) Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: Tunings available at www.jblpro.com
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Suspension/Mounting: Optional VRX932LA-AF line array frame kit or 10mm eyebolt
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grille: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with_acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing.
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 20.0 in x 23.5 in x 29.5 in, (508 mm x 597 mm x 749 mm)
- Net Weight: 81 lb (37 kg)
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.