- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JBL VRX918SP 18" Flyable Active Subwoofer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 600726 000000000 600726000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The JBL VRX918SP Subwoofer is designed and built to the same high standards and uses the same advanced, concert-proven drivers as their VerTec series...Click To Read More About This Product
An active subwoofer that is portable, flexible, and has great power handling.
The JBL VRX918SP Subwoofer is designed and built to the same high standards and uses the same advanced, concert-proven drivers as their VerTec series. It's a flyable speaker that delivers extraordinary power handling, clarity, flexibility and, of course, stunning JBL sound in an attractive, easy to handle and affordable package. The JBL VRX918SP will fit perfectly in medium-sized venues that don't want to sacrifice sound quality just because they're not as big as other professional facilities. For compact power, the VRX918SP subwoofer delivers.
The suspendable VRX918SP subwoofer system contains a 2265G-1 neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, and an 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. It was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX928LA Line Array speaker and VRX-SMAF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918SP subwoofers.
This JBL speaker system offers complete input connection flexibility, for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2 to be routed to the woofer. Equally at home in ground stacked applications, it is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets. The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The VRX918SP subwoofer's enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish, and is heavily braced to maximize low frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection, and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts, which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
- Lightweight and built for smaller venues
- Flexible mounting options
- Enclosure built for optimum performance
- Great power handling, clarity, and flexibility
Rumble the house without the strain of moving a huge subwoofer. Order today!
- System Type: 18" bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz - 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 34 Hz - 220 Hz
- Input Connection Modes: Switchable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Power Rating (Continuous / Peak): 750W / 1500W
- Maximum SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18") Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit or M-10 eyebolt kit
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grill: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20" x 23.5" x 29.5"
- Net Weight: 85 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.