Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
JBL VRX918SP 18" Flyable Active Subwoofertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An active subwoofer that is portable, flexible, and has great power handling.
The suspendable VRX918SP subwoofer system contains a 2265G-1 neodymium magnet, patented Differential Drive, and an 18" woofer in a front-loaded, vented enclosure. It was designed specifically for use in arrays with the VRX928LA Line Array speaker and VRX-SMAF Array Frame. In addition it may also be used in arrays consisting entirely of VRX918SP subwoofers.
This JBL speaker system offers complete input connection flexibility, for compatibility with a variety of cabling schemes. A recessed, external switch allows selection of either contacts +1/-1 or +2/-2 to be routed to the woofer. Equally at home in ground stacked applications, it is equipped with a top-mounted, threaded, 20 mm socket that can receive the optional SS4-BK pole. This adjustable height pole can be used to mount speakers equipped with standard 36 mm pole sockets. The threaded socket minimizes buzzing and rattling and assures that the pole will be secure and straight.
The VRX918SP subwoofer's enclosure is constructed of top quality birch plywood, coated in JBL's rugged DuraFlex finish, and is heavily braced to maximize low frequency performance. The attractive CNC-machined, 16-gauge steel grille is internally lined with acoustically transparent foam to provide additional driver protection, and give a very professional appearance. The rear of the enclosure is fitted with T-nuts, which may be used to attach the optional WK-4 caster kit.
- Lightweight and built for smaller venues
- Flexible mounting options
- Enclosure built for optimum performance
- Great power handling, clarity, and flexibility
Rumble the house without the strain of moving a huge subwoofer. Order today!
VRX918SP 18" Flyable Active Subwoofer Specifications:
- System Type: 18" bass-reflex subwoofer
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 31 Hz - 220 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 34 Hz - 220 Hz
- Input Connection Modes: Switchable, +1/-1 or +2/-2
- Power Rating (Continuous / Peak): 750W / 1500W
- Maximum SPL2: 130 dB SPL peak
- Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 95 dB SPL
- LF Driver: 1 x JBL 2268H 457 mm (18") Differential Drive woofer
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Active Tunings: dbx DriveRack, all models. Settings available at www.jblpro.com
- Mounting: Top mounted M20 threaded socket for optional SS4-BK pole
- Suspension / Mounting: Optional VRX-AF line array frame kit or M-10 eyebolt kit
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm, 13-ply birch plywood
- Finish: Black DuraFlex finish
- Grill: Powder coated, black, 16-gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent charcoal foam backing
- Input Connectors: Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x2)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20" x 23.5" x 29.5"
- Net Weight: 85 lb.
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.