- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Korg MR-2 High-Resolution Mobile Recorder
- Write a Review
- Product H61758
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new Korg MR-2 provides the same benefits to the audio enthusiast or recording professional” impeccable fidelity in a hand-held unit that is compl...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Provides high-quality multi-format recording and playback with 40 recording setups, USB connectivity, and more.
The new Korg MR-2 provides the same benefits to the audio enthusiast or recording professional” impeccable fidelity in a hand-held unit that is completely self-contained. Imagine the flexibility of being able to record anywhere at any time with superb audio quality. This”and more”is what the MR-2 can offer.
The MR-2 was made to be your audio butterfly net. With it, you'll never miss a musical moment, whether it's a band rehearsal, performance, concert, your own personal practice”or any event, for that matter. Recordings made on the MR-2 can be converted into nearly any multi-bit format for use on any project and within any DAW software/hardware platform.
DSD - astounding audio quality
DSD is the highest quality audio format available today, using Direct Stream Digital technology to faithfully reproduce the original sound. Today, DSD is used by recording and mastering studios around the world as the preferred audio format for recording and mastering. The MR-2 lets you experience DSD audio for yourself. When recording DSD audio, the signal is recorded without further conversion, and can then be played back in its original format, ensuring that every sparkling nuance of the sound is reproduced. This means that a DSD recording is able to preserve the sound in a form that is closest to the original sound, making it suitable as a future proof archive that can support changes in formats through the years. Top engineers and mastering experts proclaim that DSD offers the closest representation of analog warmth and the presence of the original recording than any other format.
Today, audio quality is an important consideration, even for mobile recorders. The KORG MR-2 is simply the highest resolution portable recorder available, covering every need”from critical recording of music performances to field recording. Despite its compact and convenient size, the Korg MR-2 supports a wide range of audio formats.
The pro-quality stereo electret condenser mic built into the MR-2 can rotate a total of 210 toward the front, top, or rear of the unit in eight 30 steps. This gives you the freedom to point the mic toward the target recording source. The MR-2 also provides two screw mounts for attaching to general-purpose camera tripod, allowing flexible miking and positioning. There's also an external input jack for you to connect your favorite mic.
Analog limiter, low-cut filter, and bass EQ are built in
Squeezed into the MR-2's handy size are an analog limiter, a low-cut filter, and a bass EQ. To ensure that the benefits of the MR-2's high-quality DSD recording are unimpaired, this high-performance analog circuitry is under accurate digital control, just as in the sophisticated consoles used in professional recording studios. This thoughtful design elevates recordings on the MR-2 to an even higher level of quality.
40 Recording Setups match the MR-2 to a variety of recording situations
The MR-2 includes 40 easily selectable Recording Setups. Each contains its own settings for mic sensitivity, input level, analog limiter, low-cut-filter, and bass EQ. These setups offer optimized settings for a range of recording environments such as ensemble performances, solo vocal, or piano performance, as well as settings suitable for field recording or documenting meetings. It's just like having your own personal recording engineer at your side. This allows anyone to easily make pro-quality recordings using the Korg MR-2. The addition of 10 user-programmable setups provides ready-to-record settings for specific tasks, and eliminates repetitive steps when recording in a known environment over multiple days.
A high-performance and highly reliable KORG chromatic tuner is built in. Calibration is adjustable in 1Hz steps over a range of 435Hz to 445Hz. This is perfect for capturing quick ideas when practicing and during rehearsals.
Easy operation with highly visible display and controls
The MR-2 features a highly visible 128 x 128 pixel liquid crystal display. The noiseless backlight allows operation even in dim locations. Dedicated buttons and switches allow quick adjustments of input level, Hold on/off, etc.
Efficiently store and manage data on SD/SDHD cards
Data recorded on the MR-2 is stored directly to an SD/SDHC (sold separately) card. There is no motor”as would be required for a hard drive”so there's no danger of unwanted drive noise being captured and recorded. SD/SDHD media is widely used; the recorded data can be conveniently stored on individual cards. The recorded data consists of two files, the audio file and the project file (containing project and mark information), and these two files are collectively referred to as a project. On the MR-2, a project is handled as if it were a single audio file, and project operations such as renaming, deleting, and song editing can be performed on the MR-2 itself. Up to 400 projects can be created on the MR-2 in each recording date folder.
USB 2.0 computer port
The MR-2 is equipped with a USB 2.0 connector (Mini-B connector) that allows the recorded data to be transferred to your computer at a high rate of speed. This connection also allows the MR-2 to be used as a USB card reader and to charge while connected to your computer.
Two-way power supply
Two AA nickel-metal hydride batteries (1900 mAh) allow approximately four hours of continuous recording or playback. USB bus power is also supported. (Note: Nickel-metal hydride batteries cannot be recharged using bus power.)
Integrated software support
The MR-2 is bundled with Korg's AudioGate audio format conversion software. In addition to converting files from 1-bit DSD to multi-bit PCM (or vice versa) this software is an ideal way to edit the recorded material or to manage your archival masters. By using AudioGate, you can take advantage of "MR style" recording in which you record the material in DSD format, and then convert the file as appropriate for the task at hand. This method assures you will be preserving the highest audio quality at all times. In fact, many experts have judged that audio recorded at these high DSD rates and then converted downward sound better than recordings originally made at these lower rates.
AudioGateV2.0 supports reading and writing of numerous audio formats including DSD, WAV, AIFF, FLAC and MP3. Audio CDs”and even DSD discs”can be read and written. AudioGateV2.0 can use the computational power of your computer to apply painstaking optimization to your data. For example during conversion, you can use the Normalize function to automatically export the data at the optimized level, and even choose from two different types of dither processing: TPDF Dither which improves the quality of the exported product, or KORG's newly developed Noise Shaped Dither (KORG AQUA) which matches the perceptual response of human hearing. This means you'll be able to easily create high-quality audio CDs that are a step above what could be created by common CD-writing practices.
- Install CD ("AudioGate" audio file conversion application)
Capture your most valuable audio with this top-notch recorder. Order today!
- 2 tracks
- 2 tracks simultaneous playback
- 2 tracks simultaneous recording
- MP2 format (extension .mp2)
- 48kHz@128, 192, 256, 320kbps
- MP3 format (extension .mp3)
- 44.1kHz@128, 192, 256, 320kbps
- WAV format (extension .wav), BWF compliant
- 44.1kHz @ 16/24-bit, 48kHz @ 16/24-bit
- 88.2kHz @ 24-bit, 96kHz @ 24-bit
- 176.4kHz @ 24-bit, 192kHz @ 24-bit
- 2.8 MHz @ 1-bit
- DSDIFF format (extension .dff), DSF (extension .dsf), WSD (extension .wsd)
- Maximum 6 hours @ 44.1kHz/16-bit (for 4GB memory card)
- Maximum continuous recording 6 hours
- Number of projects: Recognizes a maximum of 400 projects of each date folder
- Mark points: 100 points per project *No mark names
- USB functionality: Connect to computer via USB 2.0, usable as FAT32 USB removable drive
- Song editing: Rename, Delete, Protect
- Temperament: Equal temperament, chromatic tuner
- Range (sine wave): 27.50Hz-1,318.5Hz (A0-E6)
- Reference pitch: A = 435-445Hz
- Supported cards: SD and SDHC cards with a capacity of 512MB-32GB
- (SDHC card of class 4 or higher recommended)
- Display: 128 x 128 pixel LCD with backlight
- Power supply: AA/LR6 alkaline battery x 2; AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 2; USB bus power
- Power consumption: 1.5W
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 2.52" x 4.72" x 0.9"
- Weight: 4.94 oz. (not including a memory card and batteries)
- 20Hz-20kHz ±1.5dB (MP2/MP3)
- 10Hz-20kHz ±1.5dB @Fs44.1kHz/48kHz
- 10Hz-40kHz ±1.5dB @Fs88.2kHz/96kHz/176.4kHz/192kHz
- 10Hz-100kHz (1-bit)
- S/N: 90dB (typical) @IHF-A
- THD+N: 0.018% (typical) 20Hz-20kHz
- A/D conversion: 2.8224 MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- D/A conversion: 2.8224 MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack (switchable to Plug-in-Power)
- Input impedance: 10k?
- Nominal level: -39dBV
- Maximum level: -27dBV
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack
- Input impedance: 75k?
- Nominal level: -10dBV
- Maximum level: +2dBV
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini phone jack
- Maximum level: 20 mW+20 mW @ 16?
- Connector: Type mini-B
- Format: USB 2.0 compliant, USB mass storage class
- Supported operating systems: Windows 2000, or later; Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported OS:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium III/1GHz or faster
- Memory: 256MB or larger (512 or larger recommended)
- Hardware: A USB port that meets the operating requirements of Windows;
- A writable CD/DVD drive is required in order to create audio CDs or DSD discs.
- Supported OS:
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Processor:Apple G4/800MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac recommended)
- Memory: 256MB or larger (512 or larger recommended)
- Hardware: A USB port that meets the operating requirements of Mac OS X;
- A writable CD/DVD drive is required in order to create audio CDs or DSD discs
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Low Distortion
- Professional Recording
Comments about Korg MR-2 High-Resolution Mobile Recorder:
Finally - DSD Technology at an affordable price! Plus - check out all the available recording quality & formats. Awesome.
The reason I bought this unit was for an easy way to record using DSD (via line inputs) and play around with mastering & bouncing tracks in the DSD format. And - as I expected, the MR2 excels in that capacity. BUT - I did run into a few things that slowed down my excitement.
The onboard mics are dull and getting adequate onboard mic gain was a serious P.I.T.A. Again, this is a matter of taste, but those tiny mics sound flat.. They may have sounded better if i could have turned up more gain!
The onboard limiter is great, and the unit resists handling noise very well while recording!
There's a ton of auto record settings that are in fact very well balanced and seem to work well. If I'm ever going to use the MR2 as a field recorder, I'm def gonna connect a good mic & pre to the unit.
Line In Recording:
Awesome sound, excellent results.