- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lewitt Audio Microphones LCT 940 Tube/FET Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- J25118 000000000 J25118000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Sound professionals naturally rely on a set of different high-end microphones in order to get the best out of their sound. But changing microphones a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Reference class tub /FET condenser mic with power supply.
Sound professionals naturally rely on a set of different high-end microphones in order to get the best out of their sound. But changing microphones and adjusting settings takes valuable time, the creative flow of a session is interrupted. With its new Authentica series flagship LCT 940, LEWITT now introduces a microphone that will revolutionize modern studio recording procedures and help engineers and artists to react more quickly to a desired change of style and sound.
The LCT 940 combines the specific characteristics of a premium large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone in one housing. Basically, users can choose between the two main settings "FET" and "Tube". These two signal paths have been incorporated separately and work independently of each other.
"Tube" delivers the classic, warm and rich tube sound, while "FET" stands for the clear, exceptionally rich and nuanced sound LEWITT condenser microphones are renowned for. However, the LCT 940 offers another unique feature that true recording enthusiasts will swoon over: As the characteristics of the two main settings can be mixed and merged continuously variable, the LCT 940 opens up huge creative possibilities for artists and producers.
Furthermore, the LCT 940 features a total of nine different polar patterns “ our five "standard" polar patterns omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide- and super-cardioid and four additional intermediate patterns. The microphone features four levels of attenuation and four switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and push buttons for noiseless handling on the PSU. Automatic attenuation and clipping history round off the outstanding feature list of the LCT 940.
Rich in advanced technological features, the LCT 940 opens up a new dimension of sound reproduction in demanding professional studio applications. Its unrivaled set of qualities makes this microphone a must-have for recording pros who strive for nothing less than perfection.
- Combines large-diaphragm FET condenser and a tube microphone
- Dual-triode 12AX7 tube delivers a warm and comforting sound
- A mixture of old and new, traditional heritage and high-tech
- Externally polarized dual-diaphragm 1 in. capsule
- 9 polar patterns: omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8 and 4 intermediates
Versatile mic with multiple patterns to choose from, keeping your session on track.
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 135 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Pattern and type
- Capsule: Tube
- Pattern: Multi-pattern
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio
- Phantom power required: No
- Length: 7.5 in.
- Width: 2.4 in.
- Depth: 1.8 in.
- Weight: 23.3 oz.
- Case: Hard case
- Clip: Shockmount
- Power supply: Yes
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.