Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
M-Audio Studiophile DSM2 Active Studio Monitortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A high-resolution reference monitor with DSP-based room correction and 8-inch LF driver.
Redefining the World-Class Near-Field Monitor
Over the last 20 years, M-Audio has achieved critical acclaim across diverse lines of music production tools. They attribute much of this success to the fact that each product group operates like a small boutique shop within the organization. The Los Angeles-based engineering team that designed the M-Audio Studiophile line applied their expertise to the DSM drivers, power amps, cabinetry, and electronics. Along the way, they worked with top recording engineers and producers to refine the Studiophile DSM monitors for optimal performance.
M-Audio engineers worked closely with their counterparts at Digidesign to bring their experience to the Studiophile DSM2 monitor. The powerful onboard DSP engine controls a complex 4th-order digital crossover. It also provides clear and accurate audio imaging by compensating for phase differences between the two drivers at the crossover point. This makes the DSM2 deliver perfect acoustic alignment and exceptional imaging. And as a result of exhaustive tuning and listening sessions, the DSM2 monitor provides incredible tonal accuracy, excellent dynamic range, and exceptionally low distortion.
Tailor the Speaker to Your Room
Your listening environment and speaker placement greatly impact monitor performance. To ensure optimal monitoring in your studio, the onboard DSP also manages a broad range of customizable performance filter settings that allow you to tailor each speaker to your room. DSM2 offers DSP-controlled high and low frequency roll-offs along with an assortment of EQ settings, from Acoustic Space to Q, to help optimize the speaker for placement within even the most difficult acoustic environments.
To ensure excellent sonic clarity, the Studiophile DSM2 monitor features a custom-designed, 8-inch anodized aluminum cone woofer that actively reduces distortion by pushing the break-up mode out of the pass band for maximum low-frequency detail at any volume level. The 1-inch ferrofluid-cooled tweeter is made of a soft Teteron dome, which strikes the perfect balance between efficiency and damping to produce a controlled high-frequency breakup out to 27kHz. The drivers and their carefully matched power amps provide a wide 42Hz”27kHz frequency response and outstanding dynamic range, ensuring that you hear an accurate representation of your audio at all volumes.
Strategically Integrated Design
Each component in the DSM2 monitor is customized to deliver outstanding sound quality in a compact form factor. Featuring an exclusive design, the sturdy cabinet is constructed from high-density material with internal bracing that renders it acoustically inert. The tuned bass-reflex dual-sided flared port offers increased SPL with extended bass response and low turbulence, while the carefully matched Class D power amps deliver ample power with low distortion and excellent efficiency. The custom-voiced components ensure hours of accurate listening without fatigue. And the professional analog and digital inputs support studio-grade audio resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz, revealing every detail that you've created with your digital audio workstation.
- 1" (25.4 mm) Teteron soft fabric, high-frequency dome with Neodymium magnet and ferrofluid cooling”accurate to 27kHz
- 8" (203.2 mm) custom low-frequency driver with anodized aluminum cone provides exceptionally low distortion
- Onboard DSP manages the complex digital crossover for pristine imaging
- DSP-based EQ and Acoustic Space Controls optimize frequency response for any production environment
- Bass-reflex port delivers controlled extended bass response
- High-density cabinet yields good damping and reduced acoustic interference
- Professional digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz): S/PDIF and AES
- Balanced analog inputs: XLR and 1/4"
- Bi-amplified with Class D power amps: 100W (low frequency) and 80W (high-frequency)
Studiophile DSM2 Active Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Maximum input level: 18dBu
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 102dB (A-weighted)
- Conversion rate: 96kHz
- Output power (1% THD): LF: 100W, HF: 80W
- THD + noise (10W, 1kHz): < 0.05%
Signal-to-noise ratio: 100dB (A-weighted)
- Frequency response (+0, -3dB): 20Hz-40kHz
- Efficiency: > 90%
- Dimensions: 10.6"W x 15.2"H x 10.1"D
- Weight: 20lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.