- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MAGMA PE6R4 PCI Express to PCI Expansion System
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J00903 000000000 J00903000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Magma PCI Express-to-PCI Expansion System provides a simple, cost-effective solution for expanding the capability of your PCI Express based compu...Click To Read More About This Product
6 Slot PCI-X Expansion.
The Magma PCI Express-to-PCI Expansion System provides a simple, cost-effective solution for expanding the capability of your PCI Express based computer. As computer manufacturers migrate to PCI Express, the number of available PCI slots has been reduced or completely eliminated. However, many companies have invested a substantial amount of capital on solutions built around conventional PCI and PCI-X hardware. The Magma PCIe to PCI-X expansion system provides a "migration path" to PCI Express while protecting your PCI hardware investment.
Where PCI meets PCI Express
The Magma PCI Express-to-PCI Expansion System is designed to match the through-put required by the majority of PCI cards on the market today. The expansion chassis contains six PCI-X slots which are connected to the host computer through a 8 lane (x8) PCI Express host interface card and a high-performance cable.
Cost-Effective Migration and Increased I/O Capacity
The Magma PCI Expansion solution provides a cost-effective migration path to new PCI Express-based computers while maintaining a consistent PCI configuration. In addition, Magma products significantly increase Input/Output (I/O) capacity and scalability. Multiple expansion systems can be combined to provide an almost unlimited number of PCI slots* to a single computer. This type of scalability is especially useful in industries such as Telecom, Data Acquisition, Video Monitoring, Server Storage and Manufacturing Test Fixtures.
The Magma 6 Slot PCI Express-to-PCI Expansion System (PE6R4-I) consists of a x8 PCI Express host card, a high-speed iPass cable and a PCI(x) expansion chassis. The host card relays signals from the PCI Express slot inside the computer motherboard to a PCI(x) backplane inside the expansion chassis. The system is automatically configured by the system BIOS and all six high-performance PCI(x) slots within the expansion chassis appear transparent to the host computer.
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- Visible LEDs indicate correct installation
- Includes one 3-meter iPass cable
- 6 slot PCI-X backplane
- All slots support full-length PCI(x) cards
- 4U, black rack-mount enclosure
- ATX form factor allows backplane to be used in different types of enclosures
- Supports spread spectrum clocking
- 400W Standard or 400W Hot-Swappable Redundant Power Supply
- Dedicated fan for cooling PCI cards
- CE certified and FCC Class A verified
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.