- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Manley Stereo Pultec EQP-1A
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 620888 000000000 620888000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Manley EQP-1A Limited Edition Stereo 'Pultec' Equalizer is Manley's interpretation of the historic Pultec Equalizer times two! This amazing studi...Click To Read More About This Product
A stereo EQ with a classic sound and updated modern circuitry.
The Manley EQP-1A Limited Edition Stereo 'Pultec' Equalizer is Manley's interpretation of the historic Pultec Equalizer times two! This amazing studio tool offers the flexibility that allows users to create stereo recordings or simultaneously EQ two separate instruments.
Originally produced by Pulse Techniques, Inc. Manley has been building Pultec EQs since 1990 after they hunted down Eugene Shenk in New Jersey to ask for his permission and blessings to produce their own version of his classic piece. These Manley Pultec EQs employ a simple and clean all-tube make-up gain block to reamplify the signal after the passive EQ circuit. It offers the flexibility that allows the user to create stereo recordings or simultaneously go direct with two separate instruments.
Manley Enhanced Pultecs use a transformerless signal path and has a vastly superior B+ power supply, with regulated and balanced heater supply. The Manley line amp is known to be killer-sounding. The components Manley uses today just weren't available in the 1960's. So, if you want a project with crackling carbon pots, dirty open frame wafer switches, 5% and 10% tolerance noisy carbon resistors, exposed tubes sticking out the back of the 3U chassis, etc., go pay top dollar for an antique Pultec!
The Manley EQP-1A Limited Edition Stereo 'Pultec' Equalizer uses 1 x 12AU7WA and 1 x 6414 in it's ALL-TUBE single-ended line amplifier for the gain make-up and extra-beefy sound; gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot. Like Manley 40dB Mic Preamps, the Manley Pultecs offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interface and sonic variety.
The EQ may be set to 'flat' positions or BYPASSED entirely. All BOOST and CUT controls are continuously variable conductive plastic potentiometers for absolutely silent operation and long life. Manley's single rack EQ unit mono blocks occupy one-third of the space of the 'antique Pultecs', an important consideration for allocation of outboard rack space. Manley added a couple extra frequencies too. The rear mounted input switch selects 0 degrees or 180 degrees PHASE INVERT for the balanced gold pin XLR input or the transformerless unbalanced bridging input (1/4" jack) may be selected in that switch's middle position.
Kick drum? Bring on the Manley Pultec EQs and all the iron you can muster! You'll soon discover the power and magic of having those individual Low Frequency BOOST and CUT controls in that LF shelf circuit. Need a little clarity or extension? Try that middle bell-shaped Boost dialing in the sharpness of the boost on the BANDWIDTH control. Something bugging you? Ease it off with the HF shelf cut. You'll see. There's no substitute for what a Limited edition stereo Manley Pultec EQ can do!
- Studio quality stereo tube equalizer
- Manley input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case. 3K ohm input Z
- PHASE REVERSE switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless ¼" HI-Z (5K ohm) input
- BYPASS switch & AUTO-MUTE with warmup delay
- Silent conductive plastic BOOST & CUT controls
- Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- Hi-current drive <50 ohm LO-Z XLR & ¼" outputs
Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Outputs
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-70KHz
- <0.01% THD @ 1Khz
S/N Ratio: 116 dB
- Adjustable FEEDBACK / GAIN: Unity ±5 dB
- Max. output: +30 dBv
- Power consumption: 18 watts
- Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC
- as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage.
- 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50 œ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 1 ¾" x 10" (occupies 1u)
Start getting studio quality results!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.