- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Marantz Professional PMD-561 Handheld Solid-State Recorder
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L40064 000000000 L40064000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The PMD561 is a compact handheld professional-grade audio recorder that records directly onto SD/SDHC flash media. It’s compact and lightweight, yet ...Click To Read More About This Product
High-resolution 24-bit/96kHz recording capability.
The PMD561 is a compact handheld professional-grade audio recorder that records directly onto SD/SDHC flash media. It’s compact and lightweight, yet it delivers audio recording quality of the very highest caliber, thanks to its sensitive stereo microphone arrangement and superior solid-state recording process. The PMD561 is intended for reporters, safety personnel, researchers, anyone who needs accurate, detailed, reliable in-field recordings. It’s ideal for situations where no-compromise recordings are required, but bulky equipment and separate microphones are not possible or appropriate.
Its hardware feature set includes an integrated high-quality stereo condenser microphone array for ‘point and shoot’ operation, switchable balanced mic/XLR line inputs, as well as unbalanced line outputs on RCA connectors and a secondary unbalanced line input on 3.5 mm mini jack connector.
Measuring just 6.7” x 4.1” x 1.6” (170 x 105 x 40mm) with a highly visible 128 x 64 dots matrix OLED (organic LED) display ensures ease of use wherever recording, playback or setup may be taking place. A high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz recording option means quality is never an issue when recording to the supplied SD flash card. Compatibility with SDHC media means cards up to 32 GB in size can be used. In addition, the new built in ‘SD Card Check’ makes it easy and convenient to insert any SD card and check compatibility. High capacity media storage is matched by seven hours recording time from four AA Alkaline / Ni-MH batteries. Drag-and-drop file transfer is supported via the USB port.
The new ‘Retake’ feature allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio and create a drop-in point to overdub. This enables easy re-recording part way through unwanted takes ideal for dictation and electronic note gathering applications.
Applications include broadcast, electronic news gathering/journalism, DSLR video, sound effects capture, law enforcement, municipal and court recording, government and surveillance, musicians, dictation for law, medical, education, and meeting recording.
- Record directly to stable and reliable SD/SDHC flash media
- Handheld portability, compact rugged design
- Built-in studio-grade stereo condenser microphone array
- 44.1, 48, 96kHz sample rates (WAV)
- Six selectable sampling rates from 192 kbps to 32 kbps (MP3)
- S/PDIF Digital Input for connection to other audio equipment
Pro-grade performance in a compact package—order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.