- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
METRIC HALO 2d Card for 2882 - For Field Install
- Write a Review
- J01543 000000000 J01543000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 2d Card was introduced in 2008 as a massive hardware upgrade for Mobile I/O 2882 interfaces (without the 2d card these are known as "Legacy" unit...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Upgrade your 2882.
The 2d Card was introduced in 2008 as a massive hardware upgrade for Mobile I/O 2882 interfaces (without the 2d card these are known as "Legacy" units). All 2882 interfaces manufactured since are known as "2d Expanded" units. The LIO-8 was designed after the 2d card, and was built around it.
The 2d Card greatly enhances the DSP processing power of the original 2882, adds a brand new ADAT implementation and also improves the clock of any unit into which it is installed. Of course, the LIO-8 possess these features (while trading eight channels of AES I/O for the ADAT ports).
Upgrading to 2d
All 2882 interfaces that did not ship with a 2d card from the factory can be upgraded. You may choose to send your unit back to the factory to have the card installed or may do it your self. This is the part you will need.
All Legacy Mobile I/O 2882's can be upgraded with a 2d Card. The 2d card ships with a new ADAT/Optical I/O board.If you are a very technically inclined user, you can do your own field upgrade of your unit, but please be aware that is is a somewhat complex install, and that field installs do not carry a factory warranty for the 2d Card. Before choosing to do the field install, please watch the instructional video for your unit (Streaming Install Video for 2882 or Download Install Video for 2882) and evaluate if it is within your capabilities. Visit http://www.mhlabs.com for videos & details.
- New ADAT implementation
- Massive HW upgrade
- Greatly enhanced DSP power
- Improves unit's clock
Upgrade your 2882! You'll be glad you did. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.