- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mojave Audio MA-201 FET Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 581138 000000000 581138000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MA-201 fet is a large diaphragm, phantom-powered, solid-state condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. With its roots in a lineage of ...Click To Read More About This Product
Superb performance and warm, full-bodied sound from the bench of mic design guru, David Royer.
The MA-201 fet is a large diaphragm, phantom-powered, solid-state condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. With its roots in a lineage of microphone designs by David Royer, one of an elite group of microphone designers who know that music and sound are inseparable from electronic design, the MA-201 FET
Microphone offers warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Using a 3-micron gold-sputtered capsule, high-quality Jensen audio transformer, military-grade FET and custom designed low-noise resistors, the MA-201 FET performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. Each Mojave MA-201 FET microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case with a professional grade shockmount.
Voice Over and Broadcast
High SPL sources, such as Kick Drums and Bass Guitar Amps
Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Hand-selected 3-micron 1" capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
If you're looking for performance that far exceeds price, look no farther than the MA-201 FET.
- Transducer Type: Externally polarized pressure gradient capacitor
- Diaphram: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- Diaphram Thinkness: 3-micron
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20kHz, + 3dB
- Sensitivity: -39 dB re. 1V/pa
- Maximum Spl: 125 dB
- Distortion: <1% @120dB SPL, <3% @134dB SPL
Self Noise: 14dB nominal, not to exceed 16dB (A weighted)
- Impedance: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- Powering: 48VDC phantom power; current .68mA.
- Dimensions And Weight:
- Carrying case with microphone, shock mount: 10" x 9" x 4.5", 4 lbs.
- Microphone: 7 5/8" x 2", 1 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.