- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MOTU 2408mk3 Expansion I/O
- Product H82864
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MOTU 2408mk3 contains everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit/96kHz digital audio workstation. The 2408mk3 provides 8 ch...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Powerful, professional hard disk recording system, ideal for computer and digital mixer based studios.
The MOTU 2408mk3 contains everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit/96kHz digital audio workstation. The 2408mk3 provides 8 channels of pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 24 channels of ADAT and Tascam digital I/O - the most ever offered in a single rack space audio interface. Connect up to four interfaces to the included PCI-424 card for an expanded system capable of 96 simultaneous active input and output connections at 96kHz.
The 2408mk3 is ideal for both the computer-based studio with no mixing board and more elaborate studios built around a digital mixer of any size.
For the computer-based studio, the included PCI-424 card features CueMix DSP, a flexible DSP-driven mixing and monitoring matrix that eliminates the need for an external mixer or patch-bay. Connect all of your studio gear, including synths, keyboards, and even effects processors. Then control it all from your desktop with no audible monitoring latency and no processor drain on your computer.
With 24 channels of digital I/O, the 2408 is ideal for connecting your computer to a digital mixer. Both ADAT lightpipe and Tascam TDIF digital connections are supported at any sample rate up to 96kHz.
And here' another 2408mk3 first: built-in video and SMPTE synchronization. Slave your entire workstation directly to video or SMPTE time code with sub-frame accuracy”without a dedicated synchronizer.
The 2408mk3 provides cross-platform compatibility for Mac and Windows with all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac OS X, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
The 2408mk3 upgrades the award-winning 2408 with many significant improvements including 96kHz support, SMPTE synchronization, support for four interfaces and a 96-channel DSP-driven monitor mixer.
A core 2408mk3 system provides 24 inputs and outputs, but it also offers the most expansion ever offered in a single PCI card. Up to four interfaces can be connected to the PCI-424 for up to 96 channels of simultaneous input and output at sample rates up to 96kHz.
Think about the possibilities: you could connect 12 ADATs and 12 DA-88s to your computer, along with 32 channels of analog I/O, and simultaneously record and play as many tracks of audio as your computer allows. If you have a digital mixer, the 2408mk3 provides up to 96 channels of digital I/O at 44.1 or 48kHz, and 48 channels at 88.2 or 96kHz.
- 2408mk3 Features
- 8 Analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Three banks of ADAT optical provide 24 channels of ADAT optical input/output at 44.1/48kHz
- Three banks of Tascam TDIF provide 24 channels of TDIF (Tascam digital) I/O
- Stereo S/PDIF in/out (with an extra stereo out)
- Provides stand-alone format conversion
- Transfer any format to any other, up to 24 channels at a time
- PCI-424 Features
- Expandable to 96 active inputs/outputs at sample rates up to 96kHz
- Drivers for Mac OS X & Windows
- 24 Simultaneous inputs/outputs for all popular Mac and Windows audio software
- CueMix DSP
- On-board mixing and monitoring matrix allows you to mix up to 96 channels of 96kHz audio
- Resolve your entire system directly to word clock or SMPTE time code with sub-frame accuracy
- No separate SMPTE synchronizer required
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured, sample-accurate workstation software for Mac OS X
- Provides word clock and ADAT Sync
It' all about expanding your options, so order the 2408mk3 today!
- 8 Analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- 108dB S/N ratio (A-weighted)
- 24 Channels of ADAT optical input/output
- 24 Channels of TDIF (Tascam digital) input/output
- 2 Channels of S/PDIF in and 4 channels out
- 16, 20 and 24-bit recording at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz
- ADAT sync input on PCI-424 card
- Word clock in and out
- Includes cross-platform PCIX-424 or PCIe-424 card
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 — 7 — 1.75 inches (48.26 — 17.78 — 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.