Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
828mk3 Firewire Audio Interfacefalse false
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.
MOTU raises the bar with innovative features and superb sound.
The 828mk3 interface is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, it provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs. This means you can connect all of your studio equipment - microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, and even effects processors. Record, monitor, route, and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer ” with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven compression, EQ, and reverb to every input and output, independent of your host computer. When recording from the mic/guitar inputs, the 828mk3's signal overload protection gives you an extra 12dB of headroom above zero with no digital clipping or harsh artifacts.
When you're done programming the on-board mixing in the studio, you can unplug the MOTU unit from your computer and take it on the road for operation as a standalone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel, backlit LCD.
The 828mk3 FireWire interface provides cross-platform compatibility and will also work with all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. You can also use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac giving you 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
- CueMix FX: Flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ, and compression on every input and output
- 28 inputs/30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz): No channel sharing
- Mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out, and main outs are all handled as separate channels
- Front-panel control gives you access to any setting in your entire 828mk3 mix directly from the front panel
- Standalone operation: Program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 828mk3 to your gig without your computer, tweak the mix onsite using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes: Create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones, or add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency
- Two front panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4" guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad, and plenty of gain
- Mic/guitar instrument sends: Add your favorite outboard EQ, preamp, reverb, or other processor to the two mic/guitar inputs before the signal goes digital
- Clip protection: Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12dB over zero
- Eight 24-bit/192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Precision Digital Trim: Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog inputs provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments, allows you to fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs, and then save/recall trim configurations
- Flexible optical I/O: 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink
- Mix and match formats between the two banks
- Sample-accurate MIDI with supporting software: Connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed
- Expandable: Add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow
- Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control
- Stereo 24-bit/96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- Word clock in and out
- SMPTE in and out
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, GSIF, Core Audio, and Core MIDI
- Supports all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing, and sample-accurate sync
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire
- Front panel volume control for monitoring with stereo, quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available
- Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls
- Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analog, digital, and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs
- Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs
- International 100-240V, 50-60Hz auto-switching power supply
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.