- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H78503 000000000 H78503000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With this the third redesign of MOTU's flagship interface, the 896mk3 audio interface delivers the advanced design, high-end performance and superb s...Click To Read More About This Product
Primary hub for digital studios.
With this the third redesign of MOTU's flagship interface, the 896mk3 audio interface delivers the advanced design, high-end performance and superb sound that has made it a favorite of audio engineers everywhere. It delivers universal "hybrid" FireWire/USB2 connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer with incredible speed and efficiency.
Hybrid FireWire / USB2 connectivity
Whether your studio runs over USB2 or FireWire, the 896mk3 is ideal. Thinking of switching over but you're not quite ready? Here's your first step. As a hybrid audio interface, the 896mk3 provides flexible connectivity to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0, with eight channels of pristine 24-bit 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with sixteen channels of optical digital I/O, stereo AES/EBU, S/PDIF and separate analog main outs. You can even expand your system by connecting the 8pre mic input expander or other MOTU audio interfaces.
The 896mk3 is equally well suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 896mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 32 separate outputs, including dedicated main outs on XLRs and two front panel headphone outs.
On-board digital mixer with effects for monitoring and live mixing
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines and even effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer - with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
When recording from the analog inputs, the 896mk3's signal overload protection gives you an extra 12 dB of headroom above zero with no clipping or harsh artifacts.
Advanced audio analysis tools
Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and linear/polar phase analysis graphs.
Stand-alone operation as a mixer
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the 896mk3 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The 896mk3 provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity ” connect to your computer via plug-and-play FireWire or hi-speed USB2
- CueMix FX ” flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output.
- 28 inputs / 32 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) ” there's no channel sharing in the 896mk3; the mic inputs, AES/EBU I/O, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels
- Front-panel control ” access any setting in your entire 896mk3 mix directly from the front panel.
- Stand-alone operation ” program your mixes at the studio and then bring the 896mk3 to your gig ” no computer needed. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes ” for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear ” with no latency
- Eight rear panel combo jacks provide 1/4" or XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain
- Much, much more
Lightning fast professional audio. Order today.
- Computer Connection Type: FireWire/USB
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O: 28 x 32
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
- Built In DSP/FX
- Audio Inputs: 8
- Audio Outputs: 12
- Audio Output Types: 8 x XLR, 2 x XLR (Main), 1 x TRS (Main), 1 x TRS (Headphone)
- Number of Digital Inputs: 20
- Digital Input Types: 2 x ADAT (Optical, 16 Ch), 1 x AES/EBU (XLR), 1 x S/PDIF (Coax)
- Digital Outputs: 20
- Digital Output Types: 2 x ADAT (Optical, 16 Ch), 1 x AES/EBU (XLR), 1 x S/PDIF (Coax)
- Phantom Power
- MIDI I/O: Supports Core MIDI via FireWire/USB
- Clock I/O: 1 x Word Clock (In/Out via BNC)
- Rack Units: 2U
- W x H x D: 19 x 3.5 x 7"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.