- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Musician's Friend MR8 Monitor & Mic Package
- Write a Review
- Product 486358
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Mackie MR8 monitor & mic pacakge includes Mackie MR8 Monitors, 1 MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone, 1 pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M20 head...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
2 quality monitors, a mic, headphones, cables, and a mic stand to get your studio started for less.
This Mackie MR8 monitor & mic pacakge includes Mackie MR8 Monitors, 1 MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone, 1 pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M20 headphones, 2 LiveWire 10ft. instrument cables, a 20ft. Gear One XLR cable, and 1 Musician's Gear Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom.
MR5 Active Studio Monitor
The Mackie MR8 Reference Studio Monitor delivers truly professional audio quality and everything you need for critical monitoring”at a price that's unbelievably affordable. Wide, even dispersion means a broad sweet spot, minimizing funny dips or peaks in frequency response when you move off axis. MR8 monitors deliver superior bass extension”tight and free from distortion”so your lows pack just the right amount of punch. To ensure the best sound possible for your setup, Mackie MR Series monitors feature acoustic controls so you can tune them to fit your room. With their active biamplified architecture, wide dispersion, ultra-flat frequency response, and outstanding bass performance, you get superior imaging with impeccable clarity, for a truly inspirational, non-fatiguing monitoring experience.
Mackie MR Series monitors achieve their transparent sound quality thanks to these key design elements:
Mackie Minimum-Diffraction Molded Baffle:
When it comes to baffle design, shape matters; it plays a role in how sound waves travel. Mackie's baffle is precisely molded to minimize diffraction, so sound waves radiate smoothly, and are dispersed optimally. Mackie's precision waveguide is designed to ensure broad, even dispersion, and a smooth transition between highs and lows. The result is a crystal-clear image of your mix, with an ultra-wide, even sweet spot. Whether you're in mix position or not, on axis or off, you'll always hear an accurate representation of your mix.
Amplifiers are the power behind a monitor's sound, but they can also color it. Unlike with passive monitors, Mackie's amplifiers are precisely matched to the monitor design. Featuring Mackie's proven Class A/B architecture, the MR Monitors' amplifiers are meticulously tuned to deliver ultraflat frequency response, so the sound remains neutral. To compensate for room characteristics, acoustic controls allow you to adjust High Frequency and Low Frequency settings (±2dB). Balanced inputs allow you to get the best signal possible, but the option of unbalanced inputs mean you can connect easily to any source. And MR Monitors deliver enough power to handle the toughest source material, at sound levels beyond sane people's requirements.
A speaker's cabinet is more than just an enclosure”it's another component that affects the overall quality and character of the sound. Mackie's cabinet features a rear port, carefully tuned to deliver superior bass performance with no audible vent noise. Because air passes through the precisely engineered curved port easily, there is no distortion, and no buildup of pressure within the cabinet that could affect driver movement. The rigidity of the cabinet's precision-braced MDF construction also prevents vibration, meaning your sound is always free from unwanted resonance.
Transducers are responsible for converting your electrical signal into sound. So consistent, unwavering performance is a must if you want sonic clarity. Mackie specifically creates ultralow distortion steel frame woofers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters to work perfectly in concert with all the components in each MR monitor. You get a precisely tuned monitor that performs with impeccable consistency.
MR Series Monitors are ideal for a variety of applications. Use the MRs to empower your mixes in the studio, or to add pro sound to your multimedia, gaming or home theatre system. You can even use them for a great-sounding home DJ rig. The MR5 and MR8 Monitors share the same design, so they function great together, too, making them optimal for multiple monitor setups”just add a Big Knob”as well as surround systems. For any applications where high-quality sound and classic good looks are required, MR monitors are the perfect fit.
Mackie's Reputation Speaks for Itself
With every product Mackie releases into the wild”from monitors to loudspeakers to mixers”they up the ante on performance, reliability, and affordability. Mackie's innovation and commitment to great sound is why so many of their products are top sellers, and why Mackie's gear has legions of enthusiastic devotees.
Tracktion 3 Music Production Software
The MR8 also comes with Tracktion 3 Music Production Software which doesn™t make you bounce around endless menus and windows to make music. Based on a simple, single-screen interface, the award-winning Tracktion 3 is a fast, powerful, and complete solution for turning your ideas into finished songs. It comes a plethora of power and plug-ins to keep your music flowing”not locked in menus or limitations.
MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone
The MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone has a 1" diameter, 6-micron-thick diaphragm that delivers high sensitivity and detailed recordings. Wired with Mogami wire for added clarity. With balanced, transformerless output for low noise. Encased in a heavy-duty brass enclosure. The MXL V63M has a cardioid pickup pattern and a frequency response of 30Hz- 20kHz. 48V phantom power required.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20 closed-back headphones feature 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils for exceptional clarity, rich bass, and extended high-frequency response. The circumaural, closed-back design on these Audio-Technica headphones ensure superior isolation. Lightweight with an adjustable cushioned headband for maximum comfort. 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo connector and snap-on 1/4" (6.3 mm) adapter. 10' coiled cable with left-side entry.
Gear One XLR Cable
For serious-minded musicians, Gear One's XLR cables have the strength and durability to withstand more than everyday use. Since your cable is your sound, this XLR mic cable's superior wiring allows your signal to be quiet, eliminating frustrating hums, buzzing, and crackles.
Live Wire Advantage Series 1/4" Instrument Cables
Advantage Series 1/4" straight instrument cable from Live Wire is constructed of flexible materials to cut down on kinks and twists for tangle-free performance and longer life. It has 1/4" phone plugs and the quality soldering is very quiet.
Musician's Gear Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom
The MS-220 Tripod Microphone Stand has a thread adapter and tubular legs. Its adjustable height from floor to top thread is 35" to 61-7/8". The 30-1/4" fixed boom is not adjustable.
- Studio monitor with true Active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with Active protection circuits: 100W for LF/50W for HF
- HF and LF acoustic controls for room correction
- Balanced XLR, TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Ultralow distortion 8" steel frame LF transducer
- Waveguide loaded 1" high-resolution HF transducer
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle for smooth, wide sweet zone
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near computer/video monitor Precisely tuned for working interchangeably with other MR units
- Comes with Tracktion 3 music production software
- 1" diaphragm
- Mogami wire
- Balanced, low-noise output
- Heavy-duty brass enclosure
- Cardioid pattern
- Detailed 30Hz-20kHz response
- Wired with Mogami cable
- 40mm drivers with neodymium magnets
- Copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Exceptional clarity, rich bass, and extended high-frequency response
- Circumaural, closed-back design ensures superior isolation
- Lightweight headphones with an adjustable cushioned headband
- Sturdy construction for enhanced signal and performance
- Flexible mic cable design eliminates kinks and twists for a tangle-free performance in-studio and onstage
- Lifetime guarantee
- Super-quiet soldering and materials
- Kink-free design
- 1/4" phone plugs
Save more without losing quality with this kit. Order today!
- Free Field Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
- Lower Cutoff Frequency: -3dB @ 60Hz
- Upper Cutoff Frequency: -3dB @ 22kHz
- Sound Pressure Level @ 1 meter, +4dBu into Balanced Input: 100dB SPL @ 1m
- Maximum SPL Per Pair: 116dB SPL @ 1m
- Low Frequency: 8"/203mm steel frame cone woofer with rubber surround
- High Frequency: Wave guide loaded 1"/25mm silk dome tweeter
- Low Frequency Power: 100 watts, 4 ohm load, 200 watts peak
- High Frequency Power: 50 watts, 4 ohm load, 100 watts peak
- Slew Rate: >15 V/s
- Distortion (THD, SMPTE IMD, DIM 100): < 0.035%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: (Low Frequency): > 101dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 100 watts into 4 ohms (High Frequency): > 93dB, 20Hz to 20kHz, unweighted, referenced to 50 watts into 4 ohms
- Type: Monolithic IC, Class AB with DMOS power stage
- Crossover Type: 24dB/octave
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
- Sensitivity: +4dBu at 300Hz for full output
- Input Impedance: 20 k?, balanced bridging; 10 k? unbalanced
- Low Frequency EQ: +2dB/+4dB @ 100Hz, shelving
- High Frequency EQ: ±2dB @ 5kHz, shelving
AC Power Requirements
- US: 120 VAC, 60Hz
- Note: The MR5 does not support multiple voltage configura-
- tions. Make sure the voltage rating for your particular model (as indicated on the rear panel near the IEC socket) corresponds with your local AC mains voltage.
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 16 A male
- Fuse: 115 VAC: T 3.15AL/250V, 230 VAC: T 1.6AL/250V
- Power Consumption: 100 watts with music, loud mix, 20 watts quiescent (idle)
Physical Dimensions and Weight
- Enclosure: 0.625 in/16mm thick MDF with 0.750 in/19 mm MDF front panel
- Damping: Adiabatic foam
- Dimensions (HxDxW): 15.75"/400mm, (16.00"/406mm when including top of waveguide) x 10.85"/276mm x 13.60"/346mm
- Weight: 27.6 lb./12.5 kg
- Windows XP
- Pentium / Athlon 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- OSX 10.4.8 or higher
- G4, G5, Intel 1GHz or higher
- 512MB RAM or higher
- Large 1" diaphragm
- 6-micron-thick diaphragm for high sensitivity and detailed recordings
- Wired with Mogami wire for added clarity
- Balanced, transformerless output for low noise
- Heavy-duty brass enclosure
- 30Hz-20kHz frequency response
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Max SPL: 130dB
- S/N ratio: 80dB (Ref. 1 Pa, A weighted)
- Power requirement: 48V phantom power
- Operation Closed-back Impedance: 40 ohms Maximum Input Power: 1,200mW at 1kHz
- Weight (less cable): 7.1 oz. (230 g)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000Hz
- Sensitivity (1mW): 98dB