- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXL R80 Ribbon Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J21168 000000000 J21168000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Go ahead... get loud. Designed as a studio go-to mic for daily recording, the MXL R80 is built to last inside and outside. MXL has built modern ribbo...Click To Read More About This Product
Great for guitar cabs, horns and more.
Go ahead... get loud. Designed as a studio go-to mic for daily recording, the MXL R80 is built to last inside and outside. MXL has built modern ribbon elements into the R80 microphone. It has a high SPL capacity, making it suitable for guitar cabinets and horns. The figure 8 polar pattern lets sound roll in from both sides of the mic to create a full sound. The MXL R80 excels on the stage and in the studio. A figure-8 pattern will pick up sounds from the front and back sides of the microphone with equal sensitivity while maintaining a large amount of rejection 90 off access. The front of the microphone is indicated by the MXL logo where the audio signal is in-phase while the back side has an inverted phase.
Figure 8 pattern picks up room sound and instruments
Mellow sound with a rich midrange
High SPL capability for loud instruments
All metal construction withstands regular use
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 130 dB
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Ribbon
- Pattern: Figure-8
- Type: Mounted
- Applications: Studio, stage
- Phantom power required: No
- Length: 7.56" (192 mm)
- Width: 1.85" (47 mm)
- Depth: 1.85" (47 mm)
- Weight: .71 lbs. (320 g)
- Case: None (cardboard)
- Clip: Hard rubber
- Power supply: No
- Other: Cleaning cloth
Put a bow on it. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.