Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Condenser Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Based on proven and revered Neumann technology.
Includes an aluminum mic briefcase and EA-1 elastic suspension mount.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern -- used in most recording situations -- the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5kHz, and above that, a wide, flat 4dB presence boost. The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7dB-A/17.5dB CCIR the self-noise level is so low that even the smallest signals are reproduced basically noise-free. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138dB without distortion, the TLM 103 provides a dynamic range of 131dB.
The entire internal construction is elastically mounted to attenuate any structure-borne noise that could interfere with the TLM 103's operation. Furthermore the capsule is set on an elastic mount.
The frequency range reaches below 20Hz and thus even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration. Because of this low frequency extension, the TLM 103 is more sensitive to structure-borne interference and wind noise.
Requires phantom power.
- Large diaphragm mic
- Proven circuit used in numerous Neumanns
- Low self-noise
- High SPL transmission
- Cardioid pattern capsule derived from the U 87
- Includes aluminum mic briefcase and EA-1 elastic suspension mount
Call now and own a piece of gear that's as legendary as it is extraordinary.
TLM 103 Anniversary Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1kHz into 1kohm: 21mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 17.5dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 7dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 76.5dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier DIN/IEC 651: 131dB
- Supply voltage: 48V±4V
- Current consumption: 3mA
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 500g
- Diameter: 60mm
- Length: 132mm
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.