- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 271415 000000000 271415000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Condenser Microphone is an ideal large-diaphragm mic for all professional and semi-professional applications. By util...Click To Read More About This Product
Based on proven and revered Neumann technology.
The Neumann TLM 103 Anniversary Condenser Microphone is an ideal large-diaphragm mic for all professional and semi-professional applications. By utilizing the tried-and-true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 features very low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced, and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
Includes an aluminum mic briefcase and EA-1 elastic suspension mount.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern -- used in most recording situations -- the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5kHz, and above that, a wide, flat 4dB presence boost. The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7dB-A/17.5dB CCIR the self-noise level is so low that even the smallest signals are reproduced basically noise-free. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138dB without distortion, the TLM 103 provides a dynamic range of 131dB.
The entire internal construction is elastically mounted to attenuate any structure-borne noise that could interfere with the TLM 103's operation. Furthermore the capsule is set on an elastic mount.
The frequency range reaches below 20Hz and thus even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration. Because of this low frequency extension, the TLM 103 is more sensitive to structure-borne interference and wind noise.
Requires phantom power.
- Large diaphragm mic
- Proven circuit used in numerous Neumanns
- Low self-noise
- High SPL transmission
- Cardioid pattern capsule derived from the U 87
- Includes aluminum mic briefcase and EA-1 elastic suspension mount
Call now and own a piece of gear that's as legendary as it is extraordinary.
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1kHz into 1kohm: 21mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL CCIR 468-3: 17.5dB
- Equivalent SPL DIN/IEC 651: 7dB-A
- S/N ratio CCIR 468-3: 76.5dB
- S/N ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier DIN/IEC 651: 131dB
- Supply voltage: 48V±4V
- Current consumption: 3mA
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 500g
- Diameter: 60mm
- Length: 132mm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.