- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Neumann TLM 103 Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J52341 000002000 J52341000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A standard name in high-end recording studios around the world, Neumann mics deliver the professional touch that's needed to capture high-quality aud...Click To Read More About This Product
Extremely low self-noise and the high SPL transmission!
A standard name in high-end recording studios around the world, Neumann mics deliver the professional touch that's needed to capture high-quality audio. The TLM 103 is fast becoming a standard for home recording and the music industry. The large-diaphragm Neumann TLM-103 Microphone provides platinum-quality sound on a bronze budget, using transformerless circuitry for ultralow self-noise and handling high sound pressure levels up to 138dB. The TLM-103's cardioid polar pattern optimizes attenuation of unwanted sound and suppresses feedback and comes with a rugged wire mesh grille that helps protect the capsule. This is the mic for everyone who, despite budget limitations, does not want to do without the uncompromising Neumann sound.
Due to the universal cardioid pattern, straightforward handling, extremely low self-noise level, and finally, the price, the TLM 103 is predestined for all demanding applications from home recording to professional broadcasting and commercial recording studios.
The TLM 103 is equipped with a large diaphragm capsule with cardioid pattern. By focusing on this pattern - used in most recording situations - the attenuation of unwanted rear sound has been optimized. Off-axis sounds are rendered naturally while isolation is increased. This also leads to a high feedback suppression when the microphone is used in live situations or where loudspeaker playback is a factor.
The TLM 103 is addressed from the front, marked with the red Neumann logo on the microphone body. The K 103 large diaphragm capsule is based on the K 87, well known from the U 67 / U 87 microphones.The capsule has a flat frequency response up to about 5 kHz, and above that, a wide flat 4 dB presence boost.
The large wire mesh headgrille protects the capsule from plosive sounds and effectively prevents pop noises. These characteristics are achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response and reproduces the finest details of music and speech without coloration.
With just 7 dB-A / 17.5 dB CCIR the self-noise level of the TLM 103 is so reduced that even the smallest signals are reproduced basically noise-free. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 138 dB without distortion, the TLM 103 provides a dynamic range of 131 dB (A-weighted).
The letters TLM stand for "transformerless microphone". With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit. As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference that may influence the balanced audio signal.
Shockmount sold separately
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 7 dB-A
- Includes swivel mount
- Straightforward handling for homerecording and professional studios
- High-quality professional equipment for limited budgets
- Shockmount sold separately
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Frequency range 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kOhm 23 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1kOhms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 17.5dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 7 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94dB SPL) 76.5dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94dB SPL) 87dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2) 138dB
- Maximum output voltage 13 dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted) 131dB
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) 48V ± 4V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) 3 mA
- Matching connector XLR3F
- Weight approx. 450g
- Diameter 60mm
- Length 132mm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.