- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Neumann TLM-193 Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
- Product 271400
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Neumann TLM-193 is a front-addressed cardioid-pattern microphone ideal for professional recording, live productions, and project studios.Acoustic...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Smooth, detailed sound like only Neumann can deliver!
The Neumann TLM-193 is a front-addressed cardioid-pattern microphone ideal for professional recording, live productions, and project studios.
The large diaphragm capsule inside the head grille has a very smooth frequency response over a wide acceptance angle. The curves are flat and parallel to the 0 frequency curve up to 10kHz within a pickup angle of ±100.
The TLM 193 differs from omnidirectional pressure transducers where, due to physical reasons, the diffuse-field and free-field responses never agree. This microphone has a very even diffuse-field response for all polar patterns. This is important in a reverberant environment, as more reflections arrive at the microphone from different directions.
The acoustic information is not affected in its tonal quality when recorded by the microphone. This characteristic is achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response reproducing all transient phenomena of music and speech without coloration.
The letters TLM stand for "transformerless microphone." With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit.
As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference, that may influence the balanced audio signal.
Compared to other microphones the self noise level of the TLM 193 is considerably reduced. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 140dB without distortion, the TLM 193 provides a dynamic range of 130dB, according to DIN/IEC 651.
All exposed surfaces of the microphone capsule, including the diaphragms, are at ground potential. This technology makes them highly immune to electrical and atmospheric interference and contamination through microscopic dust particles.
The capsule is elastically mounted to avoid any structure-borne noise that could interfere with its operation.
The frequency response of the TLM 193 amplifier is linear down to 20Hz. Even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration.
This implies that the microphone becomes more sensitive to subsonic frequencies, from structure-borne noise or pop-and-wind noise. To avoid any LF interference, we recommend using the EA-1 elastic suspension mount and a windscreen or pop filter.
Requires phantom power.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure-gradient transducer
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 10dB (A)
- Includes swivel mount
- High-quality professional equipment for mid-size budgets
- Recommended uses:
- Close miking of instruments with high sound-pressure levels
- Announcer's mic for broadcasting/dubbing
- Home recording and project studios
- Vocalist recording
- Spot mic for
- Wind instruments
- Guitar amps
Go stereo - pop 2 in your cart TODAY!
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1kHz into 1k ohms: 18mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL (CCIR 468-3): 21dB
- Equivalent SPL (DIN/IEC 651): 10dB (A )
- S/N ratio (CCIR 468-3) 73dB
- S/N ratio (DIN/IEC 651) 84dB
- Maximum SPL (THD 0.5%): 140dB
- Maximum output voltage: 3.5V
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (DIN/IEC 651): 130dB
- Supply voltage: 48V ±4V
- Current consumption: 3.0mA
- Connector: XLR3M
- Weight: 17 oz.
- Diameter: 2"
- Length: 6-7/8"