Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Neumann TLM-193 Cardioid Condenser Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Neumann TLM-193 Cardioid Condenser Microphone$1,495.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Smooth, detailed sound like only Neumann can deliver!
The large diaphragm capsule inside the head grille has a very smooth frequency response over a wide acceptance angle. The curves are flat and parallel to the 0 frequency curve up to 10kHz within a pickup angle of ±100.
The TLM 193 differs from omnidirectional pressure transducers where, due to physical reasons, the diffuse-field and free-field responses never agree. This microphone has a very even diffuse-field response for all polar patterns. This is important in a reverberant environment, as more reflections arrive at the microphone from different directions.
The acoustic information is not affected in its tonal quality when recorded by the microphone. This characteristic is achieved without resorting to corrective resonance effects. Therefore, the microphone maintains an excellent impulse response reproducing all transient phenomena of music and speech without coloration.
The letters TLM stand for "transformerless microphone." With TLM technology the usual output transformer is replaced by an electronic circuit.
As with traditional transformers, it ensures good common mode rejection, and prevents RF interference, that may influence the balanced audio signal.
Compared to other microphones the self noise level of the TLM 193 is considerably reduced. As it is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 140dB without distortion, the TLM 193 provides a dynamic range of 130dB, according to DIN/IEC 651.
All exposed surfaces of the microphone capsule, including the diaphragms, are at ground potential. This technology makes them highly immune to electrical and atmospheric interference and contamination through microscopic dust particles.
The capsule is elastically mounted to avoid any structure-borne noise that could interfere with its operation.
The frequency response of the TLM 193 amplifier is linear down to 20Hz. Even very low bass signals are reproduced without coloration.
This implies that the microphone becomes more sensitive to subsonic frequencies, from structure-borne noise or pop-and-wind noise. To avoid any LF interference, we recommend using the EA-1 elastic suspension mount and a windscreen or pop filter.
Requires phantom power.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure-gradient transducer
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 10dB (A)
- Includes swivel mount
- High-quality professional equipment for mid-size budgets
- Recommended uses:
- Close miking of instruments with high sound-pressure levels
- Announcer's mic for broadcasting/dubbing
- Home recording and project studios
- Vocalist recording
- Spot mic for
- Wind instruments
- Guitar amps
Go stereo - pop 2 in your cart TODAY!
TLM-193 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Acoustical operating principle: pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1kHz into 1k ohms: 18mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
- Equivalent SPL (CCIR 468-3): 21dB
- Equivalent SPL (DIN/IEC 651): 10dB (A )
- S/N ratio (CCIR 468-3) 73dB
- S/N ratio (DIN/IEC 651) 84dB
- Maximum SPL (THD 0.5%): 140dB
- Maximum output voltage: 3.5V
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (DIN/IEC 651): 130dB
- Supply voltage: 48V ±4V
- Current consumption: 3.0mA
- Connector: XLR3M
- Weight: 17 oz.
- Diameter: 2"
- Length: 6-7/8"
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.