Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
ART Tube MP/C Single Channel Microphone/Instrument Tube Preamptrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Combination preamp and compressor right at home on your studio desk.
The preamplifier's active balanced solid state input provides extremely low noise and excellent common mode rejection. The 1/4" high impedance input prevents loading of any connected device making the Tube MP/C perfect for DI or line level applications. The preamplifier's second stage 12AX7a tube runs on a regulated DC voltage providing an additional 20dB of gain.
The compression circuit features a VCA-less design and utilizes optical electronics (Vactrol) coupled with a 12AX7a vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance.
- Tube-based mic/line preamplifier with up to 80dB of gain
- Hand-selected 12AX7a tube
- Optical (VCA-less) compressor circuitry = transparent dynamics control
- 1/4" unbalanced inputs and outputs
- XLR balanced inputs and outputs
- Transformer isolated XLR output
- Selectable output range for Line/Instrument interface levels
- LED meters for Tube Warmth, Gain Reduction and Output level
- +48V phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Selectable release time settings
- > 90dB dynamic range
- Custom extruded aluminum chassis
Order this multi-purpose recording tool today.
Tube MP/C Single Channel Microphone/Instrument Tube Preamp Specifications:
- CMMR: > 60dB @ max gain
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128dBu typical ("A" wtd., Shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ max)
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1dB balanced output, 20Hz - 60kHz +/- 1dB 1/4" output
- Input Impedance: 1mOhms 1/4" input, 5kOhms XLR input
- Input/Output Connections
- Input: XLR balanced or 1/4" balanced.
- Output: 1/4" unbalanced XLR balanced, transformer isolated.
- Maximum Gain: +80dB (balanced in-out, +64dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)
- Maximum Input Level: unbalanced (Inst): +15dBu, balancd (mic): +10dBu
- Maximum Output Level: +19dBu (Line mode)
- Output Impedance: XLR: <600 Ohms, 1/4": <300 Ohms
- Low Cut Filter: -3 dB @ 70 Hz, 6dB/Octave
- Phantom Power: Switch selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current limited
- Chassis Type: All aluminum black anodized with integral rubber sides
- Power Requirements: 9VAC @ 1000mA (external)
- Attack Time: <1 ms (limit), 20 ms (comp.)
- Release Time: 150ms (fast), 20ms - 3s Program dependant (Auto)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.1% @ max gain
- Tube Type: Hand selected 12AX7a
- Compressor Slope: 2:1 (Comp.) / 11:1 (Limit)
- Dimensions: 1.75"H x 5.9" W x 6.5"D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
- Weight: 2.9 lb. (1.32kg)
- Notes: 0dBu = 0.775Vrms
- Weight includes power supply and packaging
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.