Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Open-Box Audio-Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Condition 3 - Scratch and Dent 194744663994true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Open-Box Audio-Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Condition 3 - Scratch and Dent 194744663994
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Studio condenser mic engineered for professional recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement.
Select from either a left-right stereo output (wide 127 or narrow 90) via the microphone's internal matrixing system, or choose discrete mid-side signals for later manipulation. The Audio-Technica 4050ST mic is designed to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
The AT4050ST microphone includes a 5.0m (16.5') dual output cable terminating in a 5-pin XLRF-type to 2 standard 3-pin XLRM-type connectors. The microphone output is a 5-pin XLRM-type connector. The AT4050ST microphone is equipped with a switchable 10 dB pad and a switch selects flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via integral 80Hz high-pass filter).
Audio-Technica encloses the AT4050 microphone in a rugged housing. The included AT8449 shock mount provides superior isolation and permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads. A dust cover and a protective carrying case are also included.
Operation and Maintenance
The AT4050ST requires 48V phantom power on pins 2 and 3 of both XLR3M-type connectors for operation. Wiring must be balanced throughout, and all mic cables in the system must be wired consistently: pin 1-to-pin 1, etc. If connecting to unbalanced inputs, good-quality balanced line transformers must be used.
Mid-Side Operation: In M-S mode, the microphone provides independent Mid and Side signals. This allows the width of the stereo image to be adjusted in post production or in the field with a matrix mixer.
Matrixed Stereo: The microphone offers two internally matrixed modes which provide traditional "left-right" stereo without the need for external mixers. To accommodate varying acoustic environments, the user may select between a wide pattern (127) with increased ambient pickup, and a narrow pattern (90) which offers more rejection and less ambience. Output phase is "Pin 2 hot."
For correct left-right stereo orientation, position the microphone so the raised Audio-Technica emblem is facing the sound source. In the internally matrixed modes, locating the microphone nearer the sound source enhances the apparent width of the stereo image, while decreasing room ambience. Moving away from the sound source will result in a narrower stereo image and more room sound.
- Innovative side-address Mid-Side stereo microphone engineered for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Independent cardioid and figure-of-eight condenser elements
- Switch selection of Mid-Side mode and two internally matrixed stereo modes
- Dual-diaphragm capsules maintain precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics remain constant over years of use
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Integral 80Hz high-pass filter switch and 10dB pad switch
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
- Accessories: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, microphone dust cover, protective carrying case
AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Stereo 90: -42dB (7.9 mV)dB re 1V at 1 Pa; Stereo 127: -41dB (8.9 mV) dB re 1V at 1 Pa; Mid: -36dB (15.8 mV) dB re 1V at 1 Pa; Side: -36 dB (15.8 mV) dB re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Mid and Side: 149dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% THDNoise: 14dB
- Noise Stereo 90: 25dB SPL, Stereo 127: 16 dB SPL; Mid: 15dB SPL: Side: 17dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typical): Mid: 134 dB, 1kHz at Max SPL, Side: 132dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: Stereo 90: 69dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa, Stereo 127deg;: 78dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa, Mid: 79dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa; Side: 77dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 6.4 mA typical (both channels total)
- Switches: 90, 127, M-S; Flat, roll-off; 10dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 517g (18.2oz)
- Dimensions: 193.0mm (7.60") long,, 53.4mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
- Audi-Technica Case Style: R1
- Cable: 5.0m (16.5') long, 8-conductor, shielded, vinyl-jacketed stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone end and two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end
- Element: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid and Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.