- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Palmer Audio MONICON XL Active Studio Monitor Controller
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77043 000000000 L77043000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Switching between different signal sources and monitors is one of the most common tasks in any studio. Ergonomic console design and two clearly struc...Click To Read More About This Product
A central piece for your studio.
Switching between different signal sources and monitors is one of the most common tasks in any studio. Ergonomic console design and two clearly structured control levels makes the Palmer MONICON XL an intuitive nerve centre for all your requirements. Selecting audio sources and loudspeakers is convenient and happens at the touch of a button.
The Palmer studio monitor controller features three analog stereo inputs, one S/PDIF input and outputs for three monitor pairs, each with its own volume controller for level calibration. A further mono summed full-range output is also available for connecting either a mono monitor or a subwoofer. An exclusive highlight of the MONICON XL is its correlation meter, which displays the phase difference between a stereo signal's left and right channels. This facilitates the quick and simple discovery of mono-compatibility errors in mixes. The controller is also customizable to your personal work style.
Its fully analogue audio circuit means that the MONICON XL demonstrates absolutely no latency or signal distortion. Additional features that are a must for any studio make the device far more than simply a monitor controller. Two headphone outputs with volume controllers and main cue selector switches, a cue master controller and an on/off talkback microphone with volume control are all also included. There is also a mute button and a dim button, with volume control, that instantly reduces the monitor level by a pre-set amount.
Order your MONICON XL active studio monitor controller today.
- Product type: Other Studio and Recording Equipment
- Channels: 3 x switchable balanced outputs, 1 x CUE output, 1 x main output
- Inputs: 3 + SPDIF
- Input connectors: 3.5 mm TRS, 6.3 mm jack, RCA, SPDIF
- Input type: Balanced/unbalanced (depending on TS/TRS connection)
- Max. input level: 20 dBu
- Input impedance: (balanced) 10.000 Ohm(s), (unbalanced) 5.000 Ohm(s)
- Outputs: 7 x stereo
- Output connectors: TRS balanced (1 - 3), TRS unbalanced (CUE, MAIN, headphones 1 & 2)
- Output impedance: 600 Ohm(s)
- Frequency response: 12 - 90000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.002 % (BW 20 - 20,000 Hz)
- Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): 102 dB (a-weighted) @ + 4 dBu
- Dynamic range (DR AES17): 115 dB
- CMRR: > 55 dB
- Max. attenuation: (Attenuator + Mute) 111 dB, (Attenuator) 86 dB
- Controls: Attenuation, Audio DIM, input selector, mono, mute, output selector, PFL source, Talkback
- Housing material: Sheet steel, wood
- Cabinet surface: Powder-coated
- Dimensions: 10" W x 3.3" H x 8.5" D
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.