- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Phoenix Audio N-Eight 8 Channel Class A Active DI
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L45212 000000000 L45212000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The pure Class-A DI in Phoenix Audio’s DRS Series Mic Preamps is at the heart of the 2-channel half-rack Nice DI. With its unique gain architecture, ...Click To Read More About This Product
Eight-channel Pro DI.
The pure Class-A DI in Phoenix Audio’s DRS Series Mic Preamps is at the heart of the 2-channel half-rack Nice DI. With its unique gain architecture, Phoenix's N-Eight 8-Channel DI offers a wide array of tones, such that working with a direct signal takes on the artistry we tend to associate only with working with miked signals.
Pure Class-A Tone at Input
The Nice DIs are built around a fully discrete Class-A circuit design, all hand-wired with military-grade silver connections into rugged and portable steel boxes. Its transformerless, electronically balanced, ultra-high impedance (10Mohm) input stage assures your signals are delivered into the circuit in their full glory. No treble roll-off or sluggish bass response. Instead, you'll hear the full-bodied, punchy sounds necessary for delivering the powerful and complex, signals of modern music.
Versatile Transformer-Balanced Output
The output stage of the Nice DIs uses Phoenix Audio's renowned DSOP-2, an all discrete output amp based on head designer Dave Rees's infamous TF1 amp (which he developed for use in vintage Neve modules). With its custom-wound DB694 transformer and enormous headroom, the DSOP-2 can be driven to taste. Deliver more gain to achieve a beautifully saturated sound, back off for a cleaner, hi-fi sound, or choose any flavor in between. And because the Nice DI can accept line level, you can use it anywhere a line-amp is necessary. With an easily recalled stepped gain control on every channel, dialing in your exact sound is simple.
- Eight channels of Class A, discrete, transformerless input stage
- Ultra-high impedance (10Mohm) inputs
- Class A, discrete DSOP-2 output
- Custom-wound DB694 transformer
- Output pots for each channel with huge gain range
- XLR outputs on rear panel
- 1/4″ (TS) rear panel input
- 1/4″ (TS) front panel input
- 1/4″ jack (TS) through on front panel
Make your direct input signals sing. Order today.
- Stereo Unit with independent gain control
- Mains operated, switchable input voltage (110/220Vac)
- All units wired with PTFE insulated, silver-plated cable
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.