- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Phoenix Audio Nicerizer 16MK2 16 Channel DAW Summing Mixer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L45194 000000000 L45194000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
With the Nicerizer, Phoenix takes a modern approach to Class-A circuit design. Their unique transformerless input stage delivers the full frequency s...Click To Read More About This Product
Analog summing mixer.
With the Nicerizer, Phoenix takes a modern approach to Class-A circuit design. Their unique transformerless input stage delivers the full frequency spectrum with unrivaled clarity and punch. Transformers slow things down, which can be great in some cases, but if you’re stuck with transformers, then you’re stuck with slower transients (slew-rates), limiting the range of tonalities. This electronically balanced input stage can be driven modestly for ultra-clear hi-fi sound, or you can engage a +8db switch on any channel individually to drive the circuit for a fatter, more saturated sound that only Discrete Class-A buffer amps can deliver.
Transformer-Balanced Output Stage
Once mixed, the stereo signal hits a pair of custom-wound DB694 output transformers, which are coupled to Phoenix's proprietary, fully discrete DSOP-2 output amplifier. The DSOP-2 is the result of Phoenix's head-designer David Rees’ forward-thinking solutions for upgrading vintage Neve consoles. Improve on Neve? Indeed, the DSOP-2 represents the pinnacle of Class-A output circuits, offering a smooth transition from ultra-clean to beautifully saturated tones.
Width Control—The Nicerizer’s width control uses elements of Mid/Side processing to offer your mixes a narrower or wider image simply by turning a knob. Mix engineers who haven’t used a width control often don’t realize what they’re missing: a level of spatial manipulation that can unlock hidden dimensions or tighten up a sprawling production.
The Nicerizer’s 16 individual inputs can accept both balanced and unbalanced signals without any of the gain loss typical on most mixer inputs. This is an increasingly useful feature as looping through guitar pedals and even recording midi-driven analog synths in real time while mixing are becoming standard practices.
Monitor Select Switch
An industry first, this switch allows you to monitor single pairs of channels (1-2, 3-4, etc), as well as any of the other stereo ports on the Nicerizer. Infinitely useful for a multitude of workflows, this switch is the sleeping giant of the mixer, ready to unleash all kinds of creative uses, from doing individual stem work to comparing reference mixes to allowing direct comparison of many analog sources.
Following the Monitor Select Switch, our LED meter array will give you constant visual confirmation of your operating levels. Indispensable for managing gain as you finalize your productions.
- 16 channels of Class A, discrete, truly balanced transformerless input stage
- Class A, discrete, transformer-balanced output stage (DSOP-2)
- Phoenix custom-wired transformers on both outputs.
- Individual detented pan control for each channel (16 x Pan pots)
- 16 x Balanced Input XLR’s. Can accept balanced or unbalanced input with no -6dB loss
- 2 x mix busses (Stereo Mix Bus)
- 1/4″ TRS unbalanced Insert sends on Busses (L + R Bus Insert points)
- +8dB Boost button on each channel
- Master mix bus output level control
- Stereo LED level monitoring
- Switchable for each channel and Main Output
- Stereo/mono External/Headphone monitoring Output. Switchable to each channel, external input (via 2T Return), Auxiliary and Main output, includes monitoring of the mix bus. (L, R, and Stereo)
- Main Outputs on Balanced XLR’s
- 1/4″ TRS unbalanced Jacks for Auxillary outputs with front panel level control
- 2 Track stereo mono inputs on 1/4″ TRS balanced Jacks
- Class A Stereo Width control with Loss-less Bass. Pannable from mono through to +25% Wider + Width control Bypass switch
- Maximum Output Level of +26dB
- Huge headroom available on all channels.
- All units are wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable
Think outside the box, and mix there too. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.