- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Platinum Samples Joe Barresi Evil Drums SDX for Superior Drummer 2.0 Sample Collection
- Write a Review
- Product 712722
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Joe Barresi Evil Drum SDX for Superior Drummer 2.0 Sample Collection from Platinum Samples features 24-bit professionally recorded multitrack drum sa...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Over 70GB of professionally recorded multitrack drum samples featuring 6 full kits with extras.
Joe Barresi Evil Drum SDX for Superior Drummer 2.0 Sample Collection from Platinum Samples features 24-bit professionally recorded multitrack drum samples with full bleed and unprecedented detail. Included are 64 drums and cymbals played by Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Spastic Ink), and MIDI grooves performed by Pat WIlson (Weezer, The Special Goodness). The expansion kit features 5 DVDs with a total of 6 complete drum sets with 6 extra snares, and 6 extra additional kicks for a total of over 70GB of drum samples recorded with as many as 250 velocity layers.
Joe Barresi chose to record the Evil Drums sample library at his two favorite drum rooms, using the exact same recording process he's used on numerous album projects. With expert use of the studios' Neve consoles, analog tape, and his own (secret) esoteric sound collection of mic preamps, equalizers, and compressors, Joe has created a diverse sample collection of drum sounds. With individual control of the direct tracks, the stereo room, and the compressed mono room in BFD, it's possible to create an amazing amount of different styles from the same virtual drum kits.
The manufacturer's included in this drum sample library are Gretsch, Tama, Pork Pie, Ayotte, Drum Workshop, Zildjian/Noble & Cooley, Ludwig, Zildjian, and Paiste. Registered users will have access to a bonus DW Mardis Gras Kick Drum (as available).
About Joe Barresi
A guitarist since the age of 7, Joe Barresi studied classical guitar and music theory at the University of South Florida and then piano and music engineering at the University of Miami. After graduating from the "U", he worked his way up the ladder at various recording studios in the L.A. area and eventually worked with well-respected producers including David Kahne (Fishbone, Sublime, k.d. lang), Sylvia Massy (Tool, Green J«lly, Prince), and Rob Cavallo (Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Switchfoot). Eventually he started working as a mixer on tracks for a diverse lineup of acts, including Kyuss, Hole, Weezer, Bauhaus, and Anthrax. He has engineered albums by Kyuss, Tool, Taking Back Sunday, and L7. And as a producer, he's worked with the likes of Pennywise, Bad Religion, Coheed and Cambria, and Queens of the Stone Age.
- Kick inside & outside: Sennheiser 421, Neumann 47 FET, Audio Technica ATM 25
- Snare top: Shure SM57, Neumann KM86
- Snare bottom: Shure SM57
- Hat: AKG 452EB, Neumann KM84
- Toms: Sennheiser 421, Neumann u87, AKG 414EB
- OH's: Neumann u67's, Violet Amethyst Vintage, Coles 4038's (pairs)
- Ride: Neumann KM84, AKG 452EB
- Room:Neumann u87's, Royer 121's (pairs)
- Mono room ("PZM"): Neumann m49 tube, Sony C500, Sennheiser 441, Neumann u47,
- Violet Globe, Violet Flamingo
- Two Neve consoles
- Barresi's own ssecret collection of outboard gear
- All the drums were recorded to analog tape on Studer tape machines Evil drums are the only BFD which have been recorded to analog tape
- Working Superior Drummer 2.0 installation
- Minimum of 3GB free hard disc space (39GB for full install) DVD Drive
- Windows XP or Vista, 2GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon with 1.5 GB RAM
- A multicore CPU with 2GB or more is highly recommended to make the most of the presets included with the product