- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PreSonus Monitor Station V2 Desktop Studio Control Center
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J10230 000000000 J10230000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Manage multiple audio sources and sets of monitor speakers, track using illegally loud headphone amplifiers, and talk back to your drummer-all from y...Click To Read More About This Product
Pro monitoring features for your home and project studio.
Manage multiple audio sources and sets of monitor speakers, track using illegally loud headphone amplifiers, and talk back to your drummer-all from your desktop.Your personal studio is well equipped with a great interface and a CD player with an S/PDIF digital output. Perhaps you also need to listen to audio from a third source, such as a tape deck, or you want to be able to audition two different stereo mixes from the interface. The Monitor Station V2 provides a convenient desktop control center where you can switch between these sources without compromising the sound quality.
Consider Your Sources
Switch between two pairs of balanced ¼" TRS and a third input channel that can be fed from an S/PDIF digital input (44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz), one pair of unbalanced RCA Aux inputs with gain control, and a 1/8" TRS unbalanced input that is summed with the RCA Aux inputs. A button switches between the analog Aux and digital S/PDIF inputs.
The Monitor Station allows each of the stereo inputs (TRS1, TRS2, aux) to be routed to one of two audio paths: Main and Cue. You also can route two separate signals (Main and Cue) to each of the four headphone amplifiers, which we'll discuss shortly.
Manage your destinations
Your small monitors and your large monitors-say, a pair of Eris E5s and a set of Sceptre S6s or S8s-both sound great but they're constructed differently and each reveals things the other doesn't. That's why you have both. And you have a beloved vintage set of monitors that you'll never surrender. But if you have to manually repatch the three sets of monitors one more time, you're going to freak out and dummy-slap an alligator. (We strongly urge you not to do that.)
No worries! With Monitor Station V2, you can switch between the three sets of monitors instantly! Not only that, you can set each set of speakers' level individually so that when you switch between speakers, your monitoring level stay the same.
Get this in your head
You have nothing against drummers (that you'll admit to); you simply can't fit drums in your main studio room. However, drums sound great in that big living room. And you get terrific natural reverb on the guitar when you throw that six-string slinger and his rig in the bathroom. Your treated walk-in closet makes a dandy isolation booth for singers.
But they each need a headphone feed, and you need to give them verbal cues. And you don't want to buy even more gear to do it.
You're covered with Monitor Station V2. It offers four ¼" TRS stereo headphone outputs driven by amplifiers so loud they ought to be illegal. Unless they're stone deaf, your musicians will hear themselves! Each headphone out has a Main/Cue source selector, and individual output-level control. That's the equivalent of a built-in HP4 headphone system!
Have it your way
There's more to managing a monitoring system than I/O, level controls, and talkback; Monitor Station V2 delivers all of the features you need.
Eight-segment, three-color LED meters indicate left and right signal levels. These LED meters can be set in any of three modes for use with +4 dB, +10 dB, or +18 dB signal levels.
A Mono switch sums the stereo outputs so you can check for phase problems. A large, conveniently located knob controls the main speaker output level (but not the main line-level outs), and a Dim switch with attenuation knob lets you reduce the speaker output by a variable amount (-30 to -6 dB). Of course, you can mute the speakers as well.
- 2 Stereo pairs of ¼" TRS inputs
- 1 Stereo pair of RCA Aux inputs
- 1 Stereo S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) digital input (44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz)
- 3 Stereo pairs of ¼" TRS speaker outputs with level controls
- 1 Stereo pair of ¼" TRS Main outputs
- 1 Stereo pair of ¼" TRS Cue outputs
- 4 ¼" TRS screaming-loud stereo headphone outputs
- Large Main level control
- 3 Individual Main Source (ST1, ST2, Aux) select switches
- 3 Individual Speaker Select switches
- Cue section with Source select (ST1, ST2, Aux) and output-level control
- Aux-S/PDIF Select switch
- Aux Input level control
- Main Mute, Mono, and Dim switches with variable Dim attenuation
- 8-segment color LED input meters with selectable reference level
- Built-in electret-condenser talkback microphone with input-gain control and Talkback button
- Convenient desktop design
Take control of your studio today!
- Internal Talkback Microphone
- Gain Range +15 to +55 dB
- Type Electret condenser
- Sensitivity -42 dB
- Stereo 1 and Stereo 2 Inputs
- Type ¼" TRS Active Balanced
- Input Impedance (Balanced) 10 k?
- S/N Ratio (1 kHz @ +10 dBu, Unity Gain) >105 dB
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu Output, Unity Gain) <0.0075%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB) 10 Hz to 65 kHz
- Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 150? input termination) -96 dBu
- Maximum Input Level (Minimum Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N) +22 dBu
- Auxiliary Inputs
- Type RCA Active Unbalanced
- Input Impedance 47.5 k?
- S/N Ratio (1 kHz @ 0 dBu, Unity Gain) >115 dB
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu Output, Unity Gain) <0.01%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB) 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Gain Range 80 dB to +10 dB
- Types RCA 75? coax
- Dynamic Range 113 dB
- THD+N 0.0025% (1 kHz @ -1 dBFS)
- Maximum output at 0 dBFS +18 dBu
- Sample Rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Input Meters (ST1, ST2, and Aux only)
- Type Dual 8-segment LED w/peak hold
- Sensitivity Range -24 dB to 0 dB
- Type ¼" TRS Active Balanced
- Output Impedance (Balanced) 51?
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu, Unity Gain) <0.01%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB) 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Speaker A, B, and C
- Trim Range -80 dB to 0 dB
- Main Level Range -80 dB to 0 dB
- Dim Attenuation Range -30 dB to -6dB
- Cue Level Range -80 dB to 0 dB
- Dim Attenuation (Talkback activated) -20 dB
- Type ¼" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output (60? load) 150 mW / channel
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB) 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Power Supply Type External DC Transformer/Internal Line
- Input Connector Type Barrel, 5.5 mm outside diameter, 2.1 mm inside diameter
- Monitor Station Input Voltage Range 18 VDC
- Power Requirements (Continuous) 10W
- Height 2.5" (63.5 mm)
- Depth 8.5" (216 mm)
- Width 9" (228.6 mm)
- Weight 6 lbs. (4.54 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.