- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PreSonus Progression 3 Music Notation Software Download
- Write a Review
- J17208 000000000 J17208000000000
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If you compose for guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, or vocals you need Progression for Mac and Windows. Enter parts and create guitar and bass tab, dr...Click To Read More About This Product
After finalizing your order for this downloadable product you'll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading.(Credit approval may take up to 24 hours.)
6-Month* financing available.
Composition software for guitar, bass, and drums.
If you compose for guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, or vocals you need Progression for Mac and Windows. Enter parts and create guitar and bass tab, drum tab, lead sheets, and standard sheet music with ease. Apply effects, mix, and hear your composition played back with superb samples by famous artists. Compose on a computer and continue editing with Progression for iPad or vice versa. Progression's ease of use and great sounds make composing more fun than ever.
You put your heart and soul into your music, and when you listen to your work, you want to hear it with the very best sounds, created by people who are as committed to great music as you are. Progression, like big sibling Notion, delivers some of the finest playback of any composing software.
All Progression sounds were recorded at the finest professional studios. Hear your guitar parts played back with first-rate samples by melodic virtuoso Neil Zaza, famed for his neoclassical guitar interpretations of Bach and Mozart. Bass samples are by Victor Wooten, Bass Player magazine's three-time Bassist of the Year. Drum parts will sound their best with samples by Roy "Futureman" Wooten, who, along with brother Victor, earned five Grammy Awards with Bla Fleck and the Flecktones.
Interactive Tools Make Entry Fast and Intuitive
For many musicians, Progression's interactive keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad are the fastest and most convenient way to capture pitches, drum parts, and guitar fingerings. The fretboard can switch from guitar to bass, and you can even customize the number of guitar strings and the order of entry for each voice for the drum pad.
The chord library makes it simple to enter the chord name or voicing you want to appear in your score. Choose from standard chord symbols and fretted chord symbols and design custom chord symbols and diagrams. Chords remain on the fretboard for repeated entry, and you can recall recently used chords. Chord symbols can vertically align on the page, too.
Truly Cross Platform
Progression allows you to compose in tablature or standard notation on your desktop and transfer your composition to your iPad, where you can continue to edit and play back your music. With Progression and Progression for iPad (a separate purchase), you can create, send, and open scores between Mac, Windows, and iOS devices and continue to work on your score, anywhere, anytime.
Plays Well With Others
Progression offers compatibility with other applications in several ways. Email a Progression file or save and email a PDF of your composition-great for teachers and students. Import and export Standard MIDI Files, export WAV files, and open Arobas Guitar Pro tablature files (v. 3 to 5). And of course, you can import and export between Progression and Progression for iPad, Notion, and Notion for iPad.
Capture MIDI Parts and Edit Them with Your Score
Capture your MIDI performances better than ever before in Progression. Choose keyboard, guitar, or drum entry and dial in exactly how Progression will follow your playing. Enter in real time or in step time. Then view your MIDI performance data in the Sequencer Staff.
Better yet, use the Sequencer Overlay, which allows you to see notation and MIDI performance data on the same staff. Edit each individual note's velocity, duration, start point, and end point using drag-and-drop. For precise values, double-click each note and enter in the numeric values as well. With this feature, Progression combines the power of the MIDI sequencer with the clarity of standard notation in a unique and powerful way.
- Enter, edit, and play back tab, notation, or both
- Best playback of any composing software, with samples recorded by Neil Zaza, Victor Wooten, Roy "Futureman" Wooten, and more
- Acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and bass guitar samples included
- Optional instruments include classical guitar, acoustic fingerstyle guitar, mandolin, and banjo
- Compose on a Mac or Windows computer and continue to edit on iPad and vice versa
- Interactive Entry Tools: keyboard, 24-fret guitar fretboard, drum pad, chord library
- Real-time and step-time MIDI entry
- Extensive chord library with user-created chords and recent-chord recall
- In-store app to add more instruments
- Audition/Entry modes
- Complete audio mixer
- Process audio with PreSonus Native Effects Limiter, Compressor, and EQ plug-ins, as well as reverb and guitar-amp simulator
- See notation and MIDI data on the same staff
- Capo feature
- Quick, simple selection palette
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, mutes, whammy-bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more
- Insert text and lyrics
- Quick Undo and Redo
- Sequencer Overlay allows you to see notation and MIDI performance data on the same staff
- Chord and Melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Convenient file sharing
- Export/email audio
- Import/export Standard MIDI Files
- Native 64-bit support
- Retina display support
- Windows 8 touchscreen support
- Open Arobas Guitar Pro files (versions 3 to 5)
- Search for tablature online
Compose your next hit with the help of Progression 3!